Topic: v4.3: Shopping Assistant (Cart Optimizer), From the Vault, other fixes

Hello,

A new version is out today, with improvements to the way users can buy singles through the deckbox market.

The Shopping Cart

One change is that all open orders are now shown on the same shopping cart page, to be able to see at a glance what you are interested in buying. Each of them can be separately discussed with the seller, canceled or paid independently from the others.

But you can also pay everthing at once, with a single click, which is much more confortable than it was until now.

The Shopping Assistant

The second addition is a big one: a new tool called The Shopping Assistant where you can build a list of cards you are interested in buying, and it will search for the cheapest and smallest number of orders that you can place to buy those cards.

You can then review the suggestions, refine the card list, or reject some users that you do not wish to buy from, and then recalculate the suggested cart configuration until you are satisfied. Then with one click you can convert the suggested configuration into a shopping cart, where you can pay and place the orders.

This tool also makes it very easy to complete a deck: There is now a Buy button on a deck list that automatically adds all the cards you still need to the Shopping Assistant, taking you from a deck idea to orders placed in 3 clicks.

Give it a spin and tell us what you think. It's still in a beta stage where I will be looking a lot at user feedback to polish it into a tool that most of you find useful and helpful.

Other Changes

In the last weeks there were some other small changes as well, I'm listing them in no particular order:

• imported From the Vault: Angels - http://deckbox.org/editions/342-from-the-vault-angels

• imported prerelease promos for Origins - http://deckbox.org/editions/340-prerele … ic-origins

• fixed starter 1999 collector numbers

• fixed default condition & language not honored when using the details panel in inventories & wishlists

• added uncommon and rare rarity icons for Origins, Chronicles

• added help page to clarify character set issues for CSV export & import https://deckbox.org/help/exports_and_imports

• added total number of cards for orders

• filters are taken into account when using the csv export

• filters are taken into account when using the print text list view

• filters are taken into account when using the mass pricing tool for sellers

• filters are taken into account when showing the value of cards in a set

Re: v4.3: Shopping Assistant (Cart Optimizer), From the Vault, other fixes

sebi wrote:

Hello,
The Shopping Assistant

The second addition is a big one: a new tool called The Shopping Assistant where you can build a list of cards you are interested in buying, and it will search for the cheapest and smallest number of orders that you can place to buy those cards.

You can then review the suggestions, refine the card list, or reject some users that you do not wish to buy from, and then recalculate the suggested cart configuration until you are satisfied. Then with one click you can convert the suggested configuration into a shopping cart, where you can pay and place the orders.

This tool also makes it very easy to complete a deck: There is now a Buy button on a deck list that automatically adds all the cards you still need to the Shopping Assistant, taking you from a deck idea to orders placed in 3 clicks.

Give it a spin and tell us what you think. It's still in a beta stage where I will be looking a lot at user feedback to polish it into a tool that most of you find useful and helpful.

Awesome feature!

One request though, would it be possible to have the arrow indication if the cards are in an active trade? More than once I've purchased too many (usually low value) cards because I've already had them in a trade.

This looks awesome and appears to be working quite well! One suggestion I have would be to reject any orders that total less than $1 before shipping is considered. I just did a quick shopping assistant and got 2 options: First had 2 sellers, 1 for ~$8, 1 for ~$12. Second had 3 sellers, 1 for ~$8, 1 for ~$12, and 1 for 7c. Obviously that last seller isn't going to appreciate an order for a single card worth 7c.

Also, an add (or mass add) from wishlist would be a good feature.

Also #2, it would be a very good idea for conditions in wishlist and shopping assistant to be "or better." So I could mark the minimum condition I'm willing to buy/trade for and I could get hits for copies that are in better condition. Make sense? Another option would be to make card options multiselectable. So I could select LP and NM, but no other conditions or M10 and M11, but no other printings. This would be especially useful when looking for a black bordered card that has multiple printings in both white and black border. I could just multiselect all of the black bordered printings.

#3: A strictly non-foil option would be very nice for both wishlist and shopping assistant.

Those being said it looks really good! It's amazingly fast (even with 100+ cards) and the multiple order options is a very nice feature.

Last edited by Kammikaze (2015-08-26 13:12:38)

Welp, you've just replaced TCGPlayer for my larger orders. Great job guys!

This is pretty awesome.  Great job!

Great job! It looks and feels really smooth. I can't wait to use it on an order!

I second the motion to be able to add cards from the "wish list" to the shopping assistant.

ReliquaryTower wrote:

Welp, you've just replaced TCGPlayer for my larger orders. Great job guys!

This is true.

Any Idea when the Sorting orders by other means then alphabetical will be available.  Very annoying to flip back and forth picking for individual sets

Kammikaze wrote:

Also #2, it would be a very good idea for conditions in wishlist and shopping assistant to be "or better."

It already behaves like that. (or at least it should, if it does not, it's a bug big_smile ).

I agree with those above. this is an awesome feature and I will use it often. Often have I wanted something like this!

also I don't know if it was intended or not but the strict matching feature seems to be working much better than before. took one match up from 100 pages of stuff I probably didn't want to 40 pages that I did want big_smile (yes my wishlist is that big).

sebi wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:

Also #2, it would be a very good idea for conditions in wishlist and shopping assistant to be "or better."

It already behaves like that.

Ah, yes it does. smile

Since the Uptade, the Trading Opportunities section does not work as well.

Some people have cards in their trading list that I need and I don't see them in the section.

MTGSherbrooke wrote:

Some people have cards in their trading list that I need and I don't see them in the section.

Hmm, do you have an example of someone who has a card you need and is not showing up?

sebi wrote:
MTGSherbrooke wrote:

Hmm, do you have an example of someone who has a card you need and is not showing up?

I made some test and found the problem, before the update if the other person had a card I need they showed up whaterver the edition or condition it was. Now they have to have it in the same edition and exactly same condition that you are wishing for....

Big problem in my opinion...

Last edited by MTGSherbrooke (2015-08-27 18:07:16)

MTGSherbrooke wrote:

I made some test and found the problem, before the update if the other person had a card I need they showed up whaterver the edition or condition it was. Now they have to have it in the same edition and exactly same condition that you are wishing for....

Hmm, the condition should be "better than". So if you set that you want "Lightly Played" in your wishlist it will show people with that card in any better condition.

Same goes for editions. If you do not set an edition, it means that you are willing to get that card in any edition it was printed in. If you do set an edition on it, it means you want specifically that edition.

This is the way it was supposed to work before too, but we had a bug where this matching was too lax.

In which cases is this a problem for your workflow?

sebi wrote:
MTGSherbrooke wrote:

Hmm, the condition should be "better than". So if you set that you want "Lightly Played" in your wishlist it will show people with that card in any better condition.

Same goes for editions. If you do not set an edition, it means that you are willing to get that card in any edition it was printed in. If you do set an edition on it, it means you want specifically that edition.

This is the way it was supposed to work before too, but we had a bug where this matching was too lax.

In which cases is this a problem for your workflow?

My problem was probably before the update than, I saw much more cards before, the "better than" was not working I guess, so with the bug fixed I see less cards. Will need to fix my wishlist with those new settings.

Thank you