Topic: Etiquette question

Hey guys,
I traded on Pucatrade for a while before abandoning it due to rampant inflation etc.  Can you guys tell me what the proper etiquette is around here for rescinding trade proposals?  Is it fair for me to propose trades to say 3 different people all for maybe a Chrome Mox and cancel 2 when the first trade is finalized, or is that poor form?   Additionally, how long does it take you guys to get to the mailing stage of trades?  Maybe I'm impatient, but I seem to be having some slow moving traders or as one user suggested maybe they are letting my trade proposals rot instead of declining them?  Any insight is welcome.  Thanks!

Re: Etiquette question

strider445 wrote:

Hey guys,
I traded on Pucatrade for a while before abandoning it due to rampant inflation etc.  Can you guys tell me what the proper etiquette is around here for rescinding trade proposals?  Is it fair for me to propose trades to say 3 different people all for maybe a Chrome Mox and cancel 2 when the first trade is finalized, or is that poor form?   Additionally, how long does it take you guys to get to the mailing stage of trades?  Maybe I'm impatient, but I seem to be having some slow moving traders or as one user suggested maybe they are letting my trade proposals rot instead of declining them?  Any insight is welcome.  Thanks!

There are a few things you can do. I would state on your profile that you will be doing this. Just make sure that you have it somewhere that this is how you trade. I personally do not think it is bad for. You are throwing the trades out but if someone does not respond in time than that is on them. In the end you got what you wanted and had a positive experience with the actual trade partner.

As for how long it takes, it honestly varies. I have had trades take literally 5 minutes but I have had some last days of negotiation. Make sure you check their profile though and see if they says something. My profile states I do not trade much on weekends, so  if you send me a request at 3pm on a Friday, most likely I will not respond till Monday as I do all my trading at work so I can spend time with my family. Also, always put something in chat so they get an icon. Personally, I give someone 2 days to respond and after that I will send them another message. After that, I am done.

I hope this all helps!

That was exactly the kind of response I was looking for.  Thanks much.  Another quick question: is there a way to view my profile as another user would, so I could address any formatting issues?

strider445 wrote:

That was exactly the kind of response I was looking for.  Thanks much.  Another quick question: is there a way to view my profile as another user would, so I could address any formatting issues?

Not that I am aware of. There might be a way but I cant think of it.

strider445 wrote:

Open an incognito window and go to your particular URL, in your case: https://deckbox.org/users/strider445