Topic: Forum Introductions

First, thanks to any and all members who join this community

My main goal is to have this be THE place on deckbox for set collectors to come for information and trades.  Obviously, I should probably introduce myself first.

My name is Douglas, and I've been playing MtG and collecting since oh... Darksteel.  Ya, that does mean I missed out on a lot of goodies (onslaught block and anything newer) but that doesn't mean I can't try.

My collection is extensive but I only tend to focus on expansions and core sets.  Additional product like duel decks, master's sets, or other niche products I typically don't collect (and don't plan on collecting until a large majority of my binders are complete).

Currently, I have 100 binders (jesus thats a lot) plus a typically full 4 channel box for each 'block' plus a bookshelf full of loose cards waiting to be registered into deckbox, so my collection grows.

I do occasionally purchase other collections or lots off of eBay (because ya, this is gambling to some extent) and of course, I am a bit of a goblin in nature.

I personally prefer trading over selling, but my tradelist is currently very sparse.  I simply don't have excess valuable cards (yet) for trade.  But I'm quite happy to trade commons/uncommons for the same.

My expectations for this group is just to meet new people, trade, and hopefully help each other fulfill our wishlists.  The assumption is that as collectors, NM condition is desireable, and that if you have a card on your tradelist it's excess and that your wishlist expresses what you are currently missing.

Feel free to respond to this post with a short intro yourself, and post any questions you have (storage, organization, pricing etc all fair topics).

Re: Forum Introductions

Hello.  My name is Paul.  I have been playing Magic since its inception though when I began playing there were at least a dozen other card games out at the same time so I played them all.  I didn't begin collecting until 1998.  I started collecting a set of everything and a booster box of everything.  I sold my collection twice when I wasn't playing magic anymore.  Now i'm back and trying to collect a set of Unlimited slowly.  I still have my collection of Demonic Tutors, so those will always be desired.

Hello-

Am Steve.

Been collecting since Unlimited.

MtG was a great way to cope during deployment.

Collecting sorta grew from friends, coworkers, and family donating their cards. Over time it grew into a beast of a collection.

Was attracted by the artwork and compelled by OCD. Stuck around for the lore.

These daze the collection is co-managed by a few collectors. Am the trading arm of the endeavor. Have made modest gains in securing rare cards and promos by trading away extras. Work with a local vendor to purchase random lots for cheap that often yield rare finds.

When not updating the tradelist, am deckbuilding for Commander, playing Commander, playing Arena, tagging on ScryFall, or reading online lore.

Hope to offer anything constructive to other collectors. neutral

Last edited by BlueBlazes (2018-11-15 22:35:29)

I’m Matt and I started playing in the summer of 1995 and then quit around 2000. Got back into the game with Zendikar and then around Return to Ravnica I went on a hiatus. Now I play with my wife and a few friend and draft about once a month. I still channel my youth and buy too many packs for the thrill of it

I currently have full sets of (which I am working to get signed versions where possible):
Revised
4th Edition
The Dark
Fallen Empires
Homelands
Chronicles
Ice Age
Alliances
Mirage
Visions
Weatherlight

I also have a near complete set of Unlimited but I think I’ve given up finishing it (need power 9, chaos orb, time vault, and 6 duals)

I collect Lord of the Pit (the Mark Tedin art) and have hundreds of them

A couple years ago I sold off a bunch of complete sets (before prices skyrocketed). Luckily I still made a bunch of profit but not as much as they are now. Those sold sets are:
Tempest
Stronghold
Exodus
Zendikar
Worldwake
Rise of the Eldrazi
Renaissance (mixed language)
FBB/FWB Revised (it was a mix of languages but was almost all FBB)

Last edited by derby625 (2018-11-17 05:53:38)

Erm, i always hide my name online. Call me whatever. FLI works.

Been collecting since around 5th. At one point i had a complete set of revised, i'm shocked that i seem to be missing a card now. I was trying to collect every set until around Mirrodin block, and haven't been collecting much since. I'm getting back into it now and will be trying to collect again. I once owned some power (not the full set), and i plan to pick it up again over time.

Currently complete:
The Dark
Unglued
Invasion
Apocalypse
Judgment
Legions
Scourge
Darksteel

[edit]: I now have at least 50 complete sets including revised and from The Dark until Fifth Dawn. Too many to reasonably list here. i'm going to stop collecting new sets later this year and close in on "30 years of magic" from then on (backfilling old sets).

Last edited by 8sV79AuP8019OgV4FLI258784 (2023-02-04 00:44:45)

Hi, I have two sets (one of ) one is complete, Revised, including the reserved listed lands. and now at the turn of the year almost, core-2019,  and a lot of other that i like to trade or sell along the way, 
  I am in Ohio and would like to meet local traders aswell.  I have most of what I am looking for and not looking for anything now. Except i think a new giftbox with some lands is going to comeout soon/. Nice to meet you all

Hi, i'm dinad22, real name Dimitri.

I begin to play with fourth edition and been in and out since this periode. So got no card from some set but a lot from other.
Still got a lot of card to sort and i add them when i have some time.
Recently i was asking myself what to do with those cards and i start to collect. My goal is to collect one card from each set and since i begin to play with fourth i start with this set.

only need i few card to complete the set and if you have some card will be happy to trade.

PS : sorry for grammar english is not my first language

Hi, all.  I'm Paul and I've been playing since Fallen Empires/Revised.  Most of the time I've been trying to spend little money beyond postage for trading, so I'm missing some of the higher value cards.  For a while I was trying to get one of each card by name (regardless of set), and at one time I was about 20 cards short of completing my goal.  I haven't really kept up with sets since Avacyn Restored, so there is currently a lot that I'm looking for.  My aim in collecting has generally been focused on having the cards to play with, so condition isn't a huge deal for me.  My most recent milestone was finishing Legends about six months ago.