Topic: Looking for people who are trading across the pond (US + Canada)

Hi,

I just started out at deckbox. I want to have more trading oppotunities as I have the feeling that many folks from the US and Canada only trade within US and Canada. Is there a reason why you don't want to trade with European traders? I would love to have more trade possibilities as I have so many cards for you :-)
I come from Pucatrade and Cardsphere where - as I have seen it - most people trade(d) around the world.

Is there a way to find all people who are interested in trading across the pond, maybe filtered by date since the last time they logged in? I would love to have a look independently of haves/wants.

And help is appreciated!

Your Kraut

Re: Looking for people who are trading across the pond (US + Canada)

You raise a good point. I actually just drafted out this long response about how, for me, it's a general fear of mail fraud and higher shipping rates- but I realized those worries are easier to mitigate nowadays with online labels and insurance options.
Also, I think (it's been a while though) that when you create a Deckbox profile, it defaults to your country, so I have a feeling a lot of users don't even think to change this drop-down on their profile. I just did smile
I will say that I'd probably be more stringent about keeping international trades above a certain value (50-100+) to justify shipping costs; maybe also put a cap on card values or require a certain feedback score so I am less likely to get scammed.

My experience is that international tracking is expensive. A shipping label to trade w/ Canada is like $12

US tracking doesn't even work in canada, i had a trade with a canadian guy who said my stuff never arrived, tracking stops at the Miami hub and Canada never scans it.  trading with foreign countries is risky because they can just claim your shit never arrived unless you want to spend the extra $50-80 for international tracking, i mean how hard is it to scan a damn barcode?

Thanks for your anwers!

I can only speak for my/European (or even German) side but I had the experience that PWE works way better than any insured/tracked package because of customs in the US and Canada. I lost so many letters that - according to tracking - never made it out of customs. I would say 99% of all PWE letters I send arrive normally, same for the ones I receive. What's the rate with domestic trades?

But I totally get that people want to have a cheap oppotunity for shipping tracked. I do know that it's $12 from Canada. But maybe people can just say in their profile that they only do tracked trading across the pond and you split shipping costs across sender and receiver? I would be up for that.
What's tracked shipping from the US?

global express guaranteed is the only option that would supposedly have tracking door to door and it's $68, you can send basic first class mail under 3oz for $3 and it's really reliable, unless you're dealing with someone who's going to claim your shit never arrived

Yeah, First Class Mail is something that many people used for trades with me.

Let me know if anyone is interested in trading with a European :-)