Topic: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

- imported Unfinity & single sided tokens
- imported Warhammer 40k & double-sided tokens
- imported missing "Thick Stock" Display Commanders
- imported the 3 new 2022 Pro Tour Regional Championship Qualifier promos

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Posting the cards early, love it!!

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Thank you so much!!

Noble Hierarch

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

hi !
I'm wondering if the price is right for the collector deck of warhammer 40k for the surge foil cards. It seems that all the cards are mark very much cheaper here compare to other site. is this normal ?

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

PatBr wrote:

hi !
I'm wondering if the price is right for the collector deck of warhammer 40k for the surge foil cards. It seems that all the cards are mark very much cheaper here compare to other site. is this normal ?

Hello,

The surge foils were not actually imported, I added them now. (pricing is still not working though for many of them)

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Hey, Sebi - Unfinity cards that are legal outside of un-formats still show as illegal in EDH. Just a heads up - as always, thanks for everything!

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

sebi wrote:
PatBr wrote:

hi !
I'm wondering if the price is right for the collector deck of warhammer 40k for the surge foil cards. It seems that all the cards are mark very much cheaper here compare to other site. is this normal ?

Hello,

The surge foils were not actually imported, I added them now. (pricing is still not working though for many of them)

I'm concerned about the current implementation of differentiating the surge foil from the non-foil cards. I don't see a need for duplicating each card in the set. The pricing for a given card merely needs to point to the surge foil pricing when the foil flag is set, and the non-foil pricing when the flag isn't set.

The only cards in the set that have BOTH a surge- and standard-foil treatment are the commanders, and these are given distinct collector numbers for each treatment. Every other card doesn't have a standard-foil treatment, just a surge-foil treatment, so the foil flag can represent that just fine.

Here's why it's a major problem: The CSV import doesn't account for extra info (like the little "surge foil" note you add to those cards) and ONLY looks at edition + collector number. Imagine a user who has taken the time and effort to correctly list all those cards and split them between surge and non-surge, exports their inventory, then later needs to import from that exported CSV. It is going to import as a complete mess -- particularly if the user has not used an additional flag like Foil, in which case the import will merge all of those entries. That's a nightmare for data integrity.

This is just the latest iteration of an existing issue that I've brought up multiple times before that has yet to be addressed. It also plagues cards like Tahngarth, Talruum Hero (and the other promos from Planeshift), Brothers Yamazaki, and the full-art vs non-full-art basics from BFZ. There's probably other examples I'm currently forgetting.

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Definitely agree here - I want to import all this using https://mtg.precondb.com/downloads/, and the CSV import just doesn't work properly.

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Can you add the sticker sheets as well roll?

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Hi, I noticed that the "list" cards from unfinity collector boosters (the reprints of older un-set cards, such as Phoebe, Head of SNEAK) with the list magic symbol in the bottom left aren't added.

Tcgplayer currently lists them as being from "The List" as the set, however I'm not sure how list numbering works and if that would be differentiated from other list cards since it's an un-set.

Thank you!

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

sebastiansmagiccards wrote:

Can you add the sticker sheets as well roll?

They're already in, separate edition: https://deckbox.org/editions/702-extras … ker-sheets

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

meldon44 wrote:

The only cards in the set that have BOTH a surge- and standard-foil treatment are the commanders, and these are given distinct collector numbers for each treatment. Every other card doesn't have a standard-foil treatment, just a surge-foil treatment, so the foil flag can represent that just fine.

Hmm, I actually did not know that. Now I wish I didn't add them like this. I will try to merge them back somehow, only I need to be careful with the stuff that users already added. Man, this is a mess.

Otherwise related to your post, I think you already asked about this when I linked the CSV export of all printings we support: I will add the deckbox printing id to the csv export, so that on import I can just ignore the name/edition/collector number completely  for cards that have the printing id, thus it will be unambiguous in all cases.

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

sebi wrote:

Man, this is a mess.

I mean that is WotC to a tee anymore

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

sebi wrote:

They're already in, separate edition: https://deckbox.org/editions/702-extras … ker-sheets

Oh, totally missed it - thanks sebi roll

PS: I think I clicked report instead of quote - sorry sad

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Sightburner wrote:

Hey, Sebi - Unfinity cards that are legal outside of un-formats still show as illegal in EDH. Just a heads up - as always, thanks for everything!

@sebi Any updates on non-acorn stamp legality?

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

cepragassen wrote:
Sightburner wrote:

Hey, Sebi - Unfinity cards that are legal outside of un-formats still show as illegal in EDH. Just a heads up - as always, thanks for everything!

@sebi Any updates on non-acorn stamp legality?

Fixed, as of 5 minutes ago. Deck legality is still updating for decks including them.

Re: Unfinity, 40K, Thick Stock, Regional Quali promos

Is unfinity "the list" added? I don't see that edition


https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/featu … 2022-09-20