Topic: Feedback wanted: mono Green and Red-White

Please take a look at my decks named Primal Fight and Champion's Tokens and let me know what you think.  I'm looking for ideas how to improve them.

Primal Fight: http://deckbox.org/sets/191929

Champion's Tokens: http://deckbox.org/sets/174141

I took 5th at a FNM event in June with the Red-White deck before tweaking it to it's current state, and I took 4th last night with my green Primal Fight deck last night. [I might have done better last night had I remembered to use my sideboard during one of my latter matches.]

I'm headed to the 2013 pre-release in a few hours and am out of town next week, but will be glad to review your comments when I return.

Thanks!

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Feedback wanted: mono Green and Red-White

I'm no standard genius, but I hear that the Lightning Mauler + Hero of Bladehold is crazy.

I don't know how I feel about the Gideon's Lawkeepers... Seem's like it's taking up too much space for not enough use.

If you add more token generating effects, a couple Intangible Virtues wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also: Take a look at your mana curve. It is heavy 1s, 2s and 3s. Add some 4s big_smile

EDIT: I just thought of this... Nearheath Pilgrim + Hellrider. Every time your creatures attack, you drain life 1. Nice.

Last edited by tails616 (2012-07-07 22:00:48)

Profile          Wishlist          Tradelist

I'm not sure which is 'better' but I would say that the RW needs less work, with the green you need more ramp, Arbor Elf when M13 is official or Birds of Paradise. If you've got a deck that's working I would say keep working on that one. I would also say that either way you need more focus, you have alot of things that you're only including one of and that rarely works out unless it's a game ending card. Try for consistancy

imsully2 wrote:

I'm not sure which is 'better' but I would say that the RW needs less work, with the green you need more ramp, Arbor Elf when M13 is official or Birds of Paradise. If you've got a deck that's working I would say keep working on that one. I would also say that either way you need more focus, you have alot of things that you're only including one of and that rarely works out unless it's a game ending card. Try for consistancy

I cant agree with this more. I voted the RW, just because it needs less work. I can't say whether or not either deck is "better" at it's maximum potential

Profile          Wishlist          Tradelist

Thanks for the feedback.  Now that 13 is in the works, I think RW will keep my attention, especially with cards like Odric, Master Tactician in play.

However, I am tempted to go black since I pulled a foil Lilly and Nefarox himself during prerelease.

Last edited by HikingStick (2012-07-16 20:14:10)

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.