Topic: Standard Exalted

So my idea is that the key to exalted is that no one creature you control is that important and that you should have a ton of blockers ready at all times as such I have designed a deck around the 3 good Avr Legendary Angels and the new exalted mechanic, listed here: http://deckbox.org/sets/187256 The idea of the BOP is that they're a complete utility card even if you don't need mana since they could trigger for exalted 4 times each (would never happen but still) I'm also considering putting in Avacyn's Pilgrims instead of Guardians of Akrasa since I'm going to need the archangel to win anyway. I also included lots of ways to get trample since you need that for exalted to work, I didn't include Ajani because I feel like my strong card will already have double strike from the Silverblade when it's swinging and it'll probably be flying just by chance.

Thoughts? Yes it's selling out to use Sublime Archangels I know, but at least I think this deck is slightly unusual, let me know, feel free to say it's boring, I won't be offended and I'd be happy to hear ideas about how to make it more interesting (since it is kinda boring)!

Re: Standard Exalted

I'm thinking there are two separate things here that you could run with, but I'm not sure both can work in the same deck.

First, I think Exalted is about to be beaten to death and I'd actually say to run it mono-white with tokens out the arse.  Pair Sublime Archangel with some major token generation... yeah... that'd get sick pretty quick.  It gives you ENORMOUS attacks while keeping back an absolute ton of chump blockers.  You end up putting Akroma's Memorial and BAM!

Second, run along similar lines to what you are now, but you need more mana ramping toward the ultimate goal of Avacyn and Planar Cleansing.  From my, admittedly limited, experience with exalted, it's really tough to have quality blockers given what has exalted.  And the rate at which your mana curve climbs, I don't know that you'll still be around when you finally have the mana to dump a Planar Cleansing or Avacyn.  Somberwald Sage?  Or at least SOMETHING to help speed the playing of the major angels.  Rites of Flourishing?  They'll rotate in October, but could help you speed things up.  Because the way it strikes me, you're playing the game for the BIG stuff, so who cares what big things they're sitting on, yours are better.  So you need to speed things up so you can lower the boom on them.

As another thought, why no Cathedral of War?  If you're going exalted, might as well go all in, right?

In either case you're onto something good here, I just think you're stuck on the fence between the two ways to run with it.

Re: Standard Exalted

I feel like the tokens are going to be the thing that everyone tries, token decks already exist and they'll just throw in Sublime Archangels to make them better, the mana ramp however I think could be a really fun idea. My issue with the Cathedral of War is that its so slow, the idea is to get mana out as fast as possible and this deck seems to go way against that idea so that's worrisome. I also like the idea of the mana ramp, but I really want alot of exalted creatures so it isn't just a Ramp deck that has Sublime Archangels, I've already got a boring white deck that I'm going to be using the archangels in. Here's my current idea, it keeps in most of the exalted and takes out Rancor while adding another Memorial and Somberwald Sages I also switched to more Forests than Plains since the Clifftop retreats tap for white but not green and im shifting more towards green. What do we think about Gilded Lotus? It needs ramp its self but it can handle casting Planar Cleansing or a Memorial faster whereas the Sage can't