Topic: My current FNM deck

This is a two part post, the first is the usual, what do you think of my deck, the second is do you think I sold out with this deck? I've come across alot of very good cards of late and I wanted to make a deck based on alot of them so I've been working on this Naya Humans and Angels deck, its focus is to use rancor and sublime archangels to stomp people in the face, everything else is just to assist in that endeavor. So I want brutal honesty if you think it's selling out, I'd like to think that it's not because I picked a theme and am sticking with it even though it means that the deck is less effective, I don't have anything but humans and angels even though Thragtusk would be great as well as BOP.

Anyway here's the deck http://deckbox.org/sets/226679

I've also adjusted it to a Modern version as well (Still missing like all of the lands tho, lol) http://deckbox.org/sets/224906, I like modern as a format way better than standard, I don't like being restricted but I want to play with other people at FNM so I play standard like I'm told, lol

So for the standard version, the ideal first couple of turns could go a few different ways, they always start with Cavern (Human) then Avacyn's pilgrim, T2 is another land and then either Silverblade Paladin or Elite Inquisitor with a Rancor on it. T3 is a Sublime and then I start swinging for A LOT. It works pretty well, it will be alot better after rotation however since I've been getting color and pace screwed most games that I lose, but I really like playing 3 colors.

Re: My current FNM deck

As far as whether you've "sold out" or not, there's nothing wrong with playing sought after cards if you pulled them (hell, it'd be daft not to).  I really look at this from the "could I net deck this?" standard, and, I don't know that you're going to see many tri-color decks in standard until AFTER RTR hits, so to that end, nah, I don't think you've sold out here.  The simple fact I don't see either Delver of Secrets or Snapcaster Mage in here means you're good in my book (I saw roughly 1/3 of the decks at FNM the other night playing them).

Now for the deck itself, I think you would want some added removal in whatever form you can manage.  In my own experience from this past week's games, if they dump a Phyrexian Obliterator or something else huge on the field, outside of a bonfire or Oblivion Ring what's the play?  I'd up the O-rings to 4x, and have 4x Pacifism or even Terminus in the sideboard in the event something worse happens.  I wouldn't be afraid to go down to 22 lands as you have 4x Avacyn's Pilgrim which may as well be a land.  You could use those spots for the added removal.

Two concerns: 1) What about those damned delvers?  Outside of the angels, which strike me as your later game plays, you don't really have much in the way of flying defense.  It sucks that you have to plan for them, but that is the reality of the current standard meta.  2) I'm not seeing any sort of draw assistance to help you cycle through the deck.  To that end I would recommend 2x Mentor of the Meek - if I was able to take anything good out of last week's FNM, it was that this guy is a BEAST, especially when you have a lot of creatures with power 2 or less (which you certainly do).

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Re: My current FNM deck

Honestly, this deck is designed already with delver in mind, if you look at the sideboard I've got x4 Mental Misstep and x4 surgical extraction, T1 I lose 4 life and they have no delvers anywhere in their deck/hand smile

I agree about there not being enough spot removal but only cause i'm not loving Huntmasters, they're just not working out for me right now