Topic: Site feedback regarding Locations

Hey,

First of all I want to thank you for this awesome site smile I love it!

I have two issues to note:
1) I live in Kiriyat Ono in Central Israel, could you please add my city to the list?
2) When I choose a card, I can see a list of all trading opportunities which should be ordered by proximity to me. However, the order appears to be random.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Last edited by Relvox (2012-11-18 09:46:19)

Re: Site feedback regarding Locations

We've just added Kiriyat Ono to the database, you should be able to set it as your city now. As for proximity, that is indeed a bit misleading. The only thing is does is it puts all cards available in your city first, then your region, then your country, and then the other countries in the world (but the other countries in the world are in a random order).

sebi wrote:

We've just added Kiriyat Ono to the database, you should be able to set it as your city now. As for proximity, that is indeed a bit misleading. The only thing is does is it puts all cards available in your city first, then your region, then your country, and then the other countries in the world (but the other countries in the world are in a random order).

It might be worth looking into this further.  As I've browsed through potential trading partners, I've found foreign nationals nested among others in the United States--some from Canada, some from Norway, etc.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Roger, will check.

How about adding an intermediate category by continent?
It can be hidden as it is automatic by country...

Last edited by Relvox (2012-11-23 17:26:22)

Relvox wrote:

How about adding an isntermediate category by continent?
It can be hidden as it is automatic by country...

That's a really good idea!

And in the US, sorting by State would be great.  In time, it would be great if we could geocode postal codes, to give true results by proximity.  :-)

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

It would also be great if you could place Israel in Europe, since that's the easiest place for us to trade by mail with smile

Also, I would merge the Tel-Aviv region into the Central region, since they're pretty much the same place tongue

Last edited by Relvox (2012-11-18 09:49:17)

Also, I noticed that when I pick a card I can see a list of all people who have it in their wishlist.

This is an awesome feature, but if you could make it so that people from outside my country that don't list their trading range as Worldwide wouldn't show up it would definitely save a lot of time opening each user's profile and checking smile

[Also, if you need some help coding those features, I might be able to help tongue]