Re: W: Bonfire H: Foil Deathrite

iamsolipsism wrote:
W2T wrote:
reignofkindo wrote:

Trade Value is always LESS than retail value, not more.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I had always assumed that trade value was always higher than cash value (uness "retail value" is something different).  The reasoning was that, if I have cash to buy cards, I would rather go to the cheapest source (either TCG low or ebay) and I'm entitled to do that since I'm using cash to trade for cards.  On the other hand, trading cards for cards usually allows both people to try and come up with a fair value for all the cards involved (usually TCG med or other retail outlet).  Hence, I always expect a discount from the "trade value" when I pay cash since you can then use the cash to do whatever you want whereas trading a card only allows you to keep trading cards.

Not sure what reignofkindo is thinking but you're right. Trade value is always above retail if you're going logically. Most people just use retail to retail in trades so it doesn't matter.

In MTG; values are set pretty nicely using TCGplayer.
In YuGiOh and Cardfight Vanguard, they haven't developed a sophisticated enough TCGplayer type site so they just use trade value as ~$5 above cash value.

I know dude, this got out of hand in a hurry.  Basic economics went out the window with this post...

Re: W: Bonfire H: Foil Deathrite

bump