Topic: Reminder to all due to a recent Sleazy experience

Hey all, it finally happened.  I got scammed!!!    i guess after 250 positive trades I was due for a bad one. 

Note to all, if you trade with Hauki ask for scans of any cards.   He seems to think when you ask him the condition of the cards, he doesnt have to say anything because he 'marked the card', even though a simple 'no, one card is not NM' is the appropriate response.  And when you confront him about it, be ready for a completely remorseless attitude.

He didnt alert me to a cards HP condition which would have led to a request for scans and lowering of its value. To clarify, marking a card's condition does not change its listed value and is not always obvious, so we still have to take that into account when trading (and why we ask).  He only sharked me for a blood crypt so its not like I lost it all, but his response and attitude make it clear he knowingly did this and lead me to making this post about deceit.  Thankfully,  I had tracking on this package otherwise who knows what else might have happened. Honor and integrity are what keep this site great but not everyone keeps to those principles.   

I still look forward to trading with the rest of you.

Re: Reminder to all due to a recent Sleazy experience

Lol, I had a similar experience with him where the sp cards he sent me were all hp...but the land tax in there shot up like a rocket ship and it was all edh stuff anyways so I let it slide.

Profile  |  Tradelist   |  Wishlist

Wow, that is incredibly juvenile. You cannot build a good reputation with practices like that. I don't know how he is planning on continuing trading like that if he tries to gouge everyone in that fashion. Thank you for the heads up.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

Speaking of juvenile, how about throwing a public tantrum and blasting a user over a single card that had a slightly lower quality than expected? This belongs in the bad trader forum, if you're going to press the issue, not here.

I can't speak for what happened in this instance, but I've had multiple trades with this user and never had an issue.

BaronVonVaderham wrote:

Speaking of juvenile, how about throwing a public tantrum and blasting a user over a single card that had a slightly lower quality than expected? This belongs in the bad trader forum, if you're going to press the issue, not here.

I can't speak for what happened in this instance, but I've had multiple trades with this user and never had an issue.

Heavily Played isn't slightly lower quality than M/NM/EX

Maybe when trading, agree upon the condition of cards?

M = Pack fresh
NM = Pack fresh, played with in sleeve, some loss of glossing
G = Slight edge wear, small/slight scuffing on card surface
So on and so on... 

While Deckbox provides the ability to mark a card's condition... The condition of a card is often subjective, based on the person.  I recently ran into this, and have decided to change my trading practices to clarify the condition of a card before the trade is finalized.  A card was marked NM, when I recieved it... it was in played condition.   From a distance of about 2 feet, the card does look like it's in NM condition... the corners are good, edges don't look bad.  Once I looked closer I saw that it was in a played condition, with some dirt spots on the front/back and the card has lost it's gloss, etc.

Inform the other party of their blunder (if it's that bad, trade back?), learn from it, move on.  Play cards, collect them, have fun.

mbknight wrote:

Hey all, it finally happened.  I got scammed!!!    i guess after 250 positive trades I was due for a bad one. 

Note to all, if you trade with Hauki ask for scans of any cards.   He seems to think when you ask him the condition of the cards, he doesnt have to say anything because he 'marked the card', even though a simple 'no, one card is not NM' is the appropriate response.  And when you confront him about it, be ready for a completely remorseless attitude.

He didnt alert me to a cards HP condition which would have led to a request for scans and lowering of its value. To clarify, marking a card's condition does not change its listed value and is not always obvious, so we still have to take that into account when trading (and why we ask).  He only sharked me for a blood crypt so its not like I lost it all, but his response and attitude make it clear he knowingly did this and lead me to making this post about deceit.  Thankfully,  I had tracking on this package otherwise who knows what else might have happened. Honor and integrity are what keep this site great but not everyone keeps to those principles.   

I still look forward to trading with the rest of you.

So even though you were super picky on condition with me and a plateau a few months ago, you didn't ask for scans from this guy so you could start beating him down on value?  I agree that the quality rating system on here isn't all that clear, but especially when someone's trading way below value on something that should make you wonder what's going on.