Topic: What should I do if a card is missing?

Hi there,

I received a shipment of nine cards and there were supposed to be ten.  The missing card is of $2 value. 

Do I mark the shipment as being received, thus closing the trade?  Or not, since technically I have not received all of the cards promised?

Just wondering what is the norm here...  ask the trader to send the single missing card (or another of similar value as a replacement)?  PayPal compensation?  Or just take the loss and speak to a mod about giving negative feedback?

I've alerted the trader of the issue, but haven't heard back yet.  Thanks for the help,

Rob.

Re: What should I do if a card is missing?

Give the other trader a few days to respond.  I would suggest also sending him/her an e-mail via the message feature on their profile.  If they do not respond, follow the site's procedures for filing a bad trader report.  But I would imagine it's just a simple oversight and the person will resolve the issue.

In addition to what TyWooOneTime wrote, I'll add that you should leave the trade open and not mark the cards received yet.  If you have not already done so, put a note in the trade chat that details what is missing. Assuming it was a simple err, when you receive the card, you can mark everything as received and close out the trade as normal.

Thanks for asking about this one.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

This is not a BTR, moving to Site Feedback.