1 isolated chapel
2 hallowed fountain
1 temple garden
1 steam vents
1 breeding pool
1 sulfur falls
5 rootbound crag
1 glacial fortress

Last edited by magic_fanatic (2013-04-20 20:24:07)

Re: H:Shocks and Checks W:JTMS

I don't have a JTMS but if you want to swap that foil Foundry for a couple of other shocks, you let me know.

I don't think anyone with JTMS is going to want to trade down that far

I'm not sure if you use eBay but if you average $10 per shock land and $20 for the foil and a few bucks for the check lands you should have enough money to buy a Jace off of eBay. I saw one yesterday for $125. I think it is doable if you are a trustworthy seller on eBay.

GarrukWildspeaker wrote:

I'm not sure if you use eBay but if you average $10 per shock land and $20 for the foil and a few bucks for the check lands you should have enough money to buy a Jace off of eBay. I saw one yesterday for $125. I think it is doable if you are a trustworthy seller on eBay.

Trading down is not refering to losing money, but breaking a larger card for smaller cards Ex. Trading a shockland for four gyre sages.

Trading down can also be thought of as a trade for which the cards given by one trading partner have a higher buylist value than the cards given by the other partner.  The buylist price for JTMS is probably higher than the summed price of all the shock/checklands.  Selling standard on Ebay will net you more than the buylists are offering and purchases are much easier to make than trades.

Let's not forget selling stuff on eBay has outrageous fees.

Actinide wrote:

Let's not forget selling stuff on eBay has outrageous fees.

Thanks for pointing that out, forgot to mention it.  A good rule of thumb with ebay is to subtract 20% from your sale price - you miiight get a bit more than that when everything is said and done, but at least you won't be disapointed when you don't.