Topic: Looking for some advice for Black Blue mill Deck

Goal is as name suggest to mill opponent to death, i have enough spells to get the job done but i cant survive long enough to make it happen.

idk if i need more creatures or more mana, let me know what you think

http://deckbox.org/sets/382479 - Mill

Re: Looking for some advice for Black Blue mill Deck

Its been my experience that going full in on mill never works. As you have found out you don't stay alive long enough to make it happen. What I would suggest is to turn it into a control deck with mill as your win con. Something you can do to make this happen is to add 1 or 2 more Consuming Aberration . This turns all your control cards into mill cards. bulk up on removal and counter spells. Add in some Far // Away to help you survive longer and if you can swing it some snapcaster mage. I would aim for cards that do double duty, like your Psychic Strike and Pilfered Plans and stay away from mill only cards like Thought Scour. As good as they are at milling you can't mill if your dead.

Good luck.

thanks a lot, very helpful.

heh when I first looked over your build I missed that you had the side bord. I would move most of that to your MD pull out the wight's and the drinkers.

glad I could help big_smile

The best milling deck I have ever played was centered around the Undead Alchemist.  Open up with Wight and build him as much as you can.   Once Undead Alchemist enters you can start milling pretty quickly.  I have also been very successful with Fog Bank for protection.