Topic: When to leave zero or negative feedback?

What do you guys think the reasons for leaving zero or negative feedback are.  Recent dealing are making me lean toward one or the other.  People shipping a week after I have seems unacceptable. Especially when they didn't tell me before hand that they weren't going to ship immediately.

Re: When to leave zero or negative feedback?

I think if you check the rules it says you have to make a post and talk to the mods before leaving negative feedback. I think as long as you got the cards and there was no agreement made as to when they would be sent then it doesn't warrant negative feedback.

I always endeavor to send within then next two days. But you have to understand many people are doing this in their spare time working around busy work schedules and other things. If you both clearly agreed to send on the next day and then you get your cards a week late post marked several days after agreed upon, then you should mention something. But I still wouldn't give neutral feedback without communicating with them. And I would only give negative feedback if you never received your cards.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

shifty4690 wrote:

I always endeavor to send within then next two days. But you have to understand many people are doing this in their spare time working around busy work schedules and other things. If you both clearly agreed to send on the next day and then you get your cards a week late post marked several days after agreed upon, then you should mention something. But I still wouldn't give neutral feedback without communicating with them. And I would only give negative feedback if you never received your cards.

I understand that people are busy,  but it only takes 30 seconds to tell me that.  Don't tell me after the fact that you've decided to go out of town or something instead of sending my cards (when they knew I mine were already in the mail) I think there's a bit of an issue.  At the very least I think people should tell you if they aren't going to send right away.  It's basically a business transaction, people should treat it as such.

Chase wrote:

I think if you check the rules it says you have to make a post and talk to the mods before leaving negative feedback. I think as long as you got the cards and there was no agreement made as to when they would be sent then it doesn't warrant negative feedback.

Correct. If neither of you stated ship immediately, negative feedback should not be left. It is poor practice to wait a week to ship, but not against the rules in this situation

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Mattssacre wrote:

I understand that people are busy,  but it only takes 30 seconds to tell me that.  Don't tell me after the fact that you've decided to go out of town or something instead of sending my cards (when they knew I mine were already in the mail) I think there's a bit of an issue.  At the very least I think people should tell you if they aren't going to send right away.  It's basically a business transaction, people should treat it as such.

It sounds like an unpleasant situation and you're clearly upset how the transaction was executed. Best thing to do is to make a mental note and never trade with that person again. I'm sure a lot of people here have had to deal with a difficult person every now and again, but unless it was something so heinous (not receiving cards, card came in pieces, etc.) it's not worth writing a negative review.

I can say that poor communication between traders is unfortunate but the requirements to leave negative feedback are higher than that.  Typically negative feedback is allowed when one party doesn't receive cards, someone reneges on an agreed deal (refusing to send some or part of a trade), or something else extreme takes place (i.e. lost cards with no attempt to compensate or at least work things out).

In my experience, I try to ensure that the person is at least communicating before ever agreeing to a trade.  Talk to them in the trade box, don't just propose trades back and forth... actually converse about it.  Negotiating like that, I find, typically leads to smoother trades, faster shipping (or at least an understanding of when shipping will occur) and a generally better experience.

shifty4690 wrote:

On Aug 28 I shipped my cards and gave them the confirmation number. They said I caught them a day late (whatever that meant) and it would be another day before they could mail theirs.  So, that means they should have gone out on the 29th, yes?  Instead they ended up going out on Sept 4th (according to them).  They didn't give me a DC # either, although that's what they have as being required for anything over $30 in their profile.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-09-06 23:54:59)

Are you talking about my trade? I apologize but you hit me on a hectic work week that I had no way of knowing about. It can sometimes be very tough to communicate when you have a schedule that doesn't permit for you to have much access to a computer for a few days in a row.

flamingokevin wrote:

Are you talking about my trade? I apologize but you hit me on a hectic work week that I had no way of knowing about. It can sometimes be very tough to communicate when you have a schedule that doesn't permit for you to have much access to a computer for a few days in a row.

Nope, you told me you weren't mailing until Tuesday and you gave me the confirmation number.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2013-09-07 01:08:05)

Oh, damn. That's a bit rude.

I don't know if it is against policy, but I would probably provide positive feedback, but in my comment clearly state that shipping took longer than expected.

Like " + - Did not ship cards immediately, but after an extra week I did receive the cards as promised."

I always try to send next day, and if I cannot I always try to tell who I am trading with when I will be able to before they send their cards.

Last edited by Mike_Machine (2013-09-07 04:01:16)

Deckbox FAQ says to allow two weeks for shipping within the US.  I'd go by that for feedback. 

I use the tracking number for my personal use and don't share it in the trade chat unless they specifically ask for it.  Purchasing tracking on your shipment is to protect yourself from scams, first and foremost.

Nahhnope wrote:

Deckbox FAQ says to allow two weeks for shipping within the US.  I'd go by that for feedback. 

I use the tracking number for my personal use and don't share it in the trade chat unless they specifically ask for it.  Purchasing tracking on your shipment is to protect yourself from scams, first and foremost.

I disagree with the two weeks thing.  Two weeks before you open a case about it the item missing. To me, if you aren't going to ship when you say you are, that makes you a liar.  I think that's something more people should be called on.  Lying about anything during a trade should be an automatic 0 feedback.

As for delivery confirmation tracking, I believe you are wrong.  If you want to be protected from scams and so forth, you need insurance with signatures.  The USPS is not Paypal, they could give a shit if you have DC.  Getting USPIS to actually do something about a single "Lost" item is pretty difficult (unless the address has several fraud reports), especially with DC as your only proof.  Delivery confirmation does nothing to prove that someone else didn't steal the "buyer/scammer/persons" mail after the mailman dropped it off.  I've deal with the USPS first hand concerning such matters, so don't think that DC is really giving you protection.  I give DC to my buyers/trade partners so they know when I shipped, and when they can expect to receive the package.  I can't see a reason at all why you wouldn't share the DC # with them.   That doesn't even make sense.

I'm confused, you first say that he didn't give you a tracking number then you say he did?

fundraiser wrote:

I'm confused, you first say that he didn't give you a tracking number then you say he did?

He did NOT leave me a tracking or delivery confirmation number.

Kevin asked if I was talking about him.  I said "no, you (Kevin) gave me a tracking number."

Mattssacre wrote:

I disagree with the two weeks thing.  Two weeks before you open a case about it the item missing. To me, if you aren't going to ship when you say you are, that makes you a liar.  I think that's something more people should be called on.  Lying about anything during a trade should be an automatic 0 feedback.

You can disagree, but we are using Deckbox and that is what Deckbox lists as the amount of time to give shipping within the US.  I'm not sure where lying about shipping is coming into what I said.  If someone doesn't mark the cards shipped, and then ships out later, and marks them shipped appropriately, but they arrive within two weeks, they have done nothing wrong in regards to the rules of Deckbox.  Your OP says that they should be expected to ship immediately unless otherwise stated but that IS NOT the rules of Deckbox.  In this you are wrong.

As for delivery confirmation, I'm not withholding the tracking number if they ask for it, I'm just not actively posting it.  Following the rules of Deckbox, if delivery confirmation shows the cards as "delivered" I am not held liable by Deckbox for anything (I am protected from someone saying the cards did not arrive.)  The USPS can do nothing to me for a trade done on this website, so I'm not concerned about that.

Mattssacre wrote:

What do you guys think the reasons for leaving zero or negative feedback are.  Recent dealing are making me lean toward one or the other.  People shipping a week after I have seems unacceptable. Especially when they didn't tell me before hand that they weren't going to ship immediately.

If you're referring to your open trade for the sneak/fetch, he states on his profile he will simul send. I'd personally bring it up, and ask why he didn't.

Then base judgement upon that. If he doesn't communicate at all, ping him for feedback. Let him leave yours, then neut him. Don't be an ass in your comment, just state the facts. I've certainly had a few times where its been a couple days before I could mail stuff, but I do my best to tell whoever I'm trading with that. All in all, I'd base it on how he interacts.

The 2 week thing, is how long you need to wait while something is in the mail. I've had a few packages go missing, and some that have went wayward. I had a domestic package take almost three weeks, and I was tracking it the entire time. It went across the country and back, before finally heading north to washington. Was a mess, lol. Tracking prevented it from being an issue though, just a pain in the ass by the USPS.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

Vincentarasin wrote:
Mattssacre wrote:

If you're referring to your open trade for the sneak/fetch, he states on his profile he will simul send. I'd personally bring it up, and ask why he didn't.

Then base judgement upon that. If he doesn't communicate at all, ping him for feedback. Let him leave yours, then neut him. Don't be an ass in your comment, just state the facts. I've certainly had a few times where its been a couple days before I could mail stuff, but I do my best to tell whoever I'm trading with that. All in all, I'd base it on how he interacts.

The 2 week thing, is how long you need to wait while something is in the mail. I've had a few packages go missing, and some that have went wayward. I had a domestic package take almost three weeks, and I was tracking it the entire time. It went across the country and back, before finally heading north to washington. Was a mess, lol. Tracking prevented it from being an issue though, just a pain in the ass by the USPS.

I've messaged him since he said he mailed asking about DC and if he really in fact mailed.  He logs on and read's my messages, just doesn't have enough decency to respond.

Well I finally got the guy to reply after telling him i was getting the admins involved. For the record Griffin van de Venne (gravemole) is a straight up liar.  After asking him for more than a week where the DC#, he finally gave it to me.  He mailed yesterday according to DC#.  That's 12 days after the day he said he would.  I'm not the only one with the problem either, Daniel Brooks is having a similar issue with him.  Promised him DC, Insurance, simul-sent but Daniel hasn't gonna the cards or a DC# either.  I'd be wary of trading with gravemole until these trades go through.

Mattssacre wrote:

Well I finally got the guy to reply after telling him i was getting the admins involved. For the record Griffin van de Venne (gravemole) is a straight up liar.  After asking him for more than a week where the DC#, he finally gave it to me.  He mailed yesterday according to DC#.  That's 12 days after the day he said he would.  I'm not the only one with the problem either, Daniel Brooks is having a similar issue with him.  Promised him DC, Insurance, simul-sent but Daniel hasn't gonna the cards or a DC# either.  I'd be wary of trading with gravemole until these trades go through.

I can confirm that I have indeed also had issues with gravemole.  I guess the easiest way to lay this out would be a timeline:

August 27th: Initial trade is proposed

August 28th: Final trade configuration accepted.  We agree to simulsend with tracking and insurance.  The trade can be seen here: http://deckbox.org/trades/117543?s=11286

August 29th: I send my cards with the agreed upon tracking and insurance, and post the DC# in the trade.  gravemole replies that he will mail them on the next day.

August 31: Tracking confirms that my cards have been delivered to gravemole in Pittsburgh.  He does not acknowledge that he has received them, however.  He still has not sent his end.

September 3: gravemole finally acknowledges that he has received my cards (clicks the recieved button), and indicates that he has sent his (clicks the sent button).  No DC# is provided.  I request that the number be posted but receive no response.

September 10: I once again mention the lack of a DC# and the fact that the cards haven't arrived, as well as sending him an email.

September 11: He responds to my email with a DC# (finally), but as of right now the number doesn't show up in the USPS system.

At this point I am pretty suspicious that he actually has not sent the cards until today, which I would assume is a violation of rules since he clicked the sent button over a week ago.

DTrain wrote:

At this point I am pretty suspicious that he actually has not sent the cards until today, which I would assume is a violation of rules since he clicked the sent button over a week ago.

Yep, that is a violation if you look at the http://deckbox.org/help/trade_rules, section 3.3.

Lying about when cards were sent or received, or about card conditions

And that is subject to negative feedback.  I do believe you still have to post a BTR before leaving negative feedback in this case, given that's the new rules, but I'm sure it would be approved as long as you have proof of what he did.

You need to do a BTR, but I would encourage doing so and negative feedbacking that.

Shit happening is one thing, but just outright lying?

That's something else.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist