Topic: U/W Aggro critiques

This is a U/W aggro list I put together, I'd like to be able to take it to FNMs.

currently it is in the "prototype stage. I'd really like daxos of meletis to be good but from playing the few games I've played with it he is usually a dead card and I'm either already winning, or losing, by the time it makes any sense to cast him. it's very likely that I should take him out and just put imposing sovereign in the main.

Any suggestions or critiques are extremely welcome and helpful.

4 Hallowed Fountain
6 Island
11 Plains
3 Aqueous Form
4 Bioshift
3 Brave the Elements
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
4 Triton Tactics
4 Phalanx Leader
4 Precinct Captain
1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2 Banisher Priest
1 Boros Reckoner
3 Daxos of Meletis
4 Fabled Hero
2 Spear of Heliod

Sideboard:

1 Aqueous Form
1 Brave the Elements
3 Cavalry Pegasus
2 Essence Scatter
2 Gainsay
2 Glare of Heresy
4 Imposing Sovereign

http://deckbox.org/sets/502703

Re: U/W Aggro critiques

If it were me, I would make the following changes:

-4 Bioshift
-4 Triton Tactics
-3 Daxos of Meletis

+1 Ajani, Caller of the Pride
+3 Gods Willing
+3 Mizzium Skin
+1 Brave the Elements
+2 Banisher Priest
+1 Boros Reckoner

You're still sitting at the same number of cards, but then you gain the ability to do a lot more. 

- A second Ajani will increase the chances you actually draw him, and I think you would be hard pressed not to see a benefit from him.

- Gods Willing gives you the ability to make a creature unblockable for a turn, triggers heroic, can remove pesky enchantments from creatures (both yours and your opponent's), OR provides protection against opponent removal.

- Mizzium Skin provides a brief toughness boost or more importantly can provide hexproof to protect your creatures and provides a heroic trigger - note that if there were a card to be tossed, this is probably it and to be honest I can see where Path of Bravery might get more done here.

- Brave the Elements is just that good.  You might as well run the full 4x of them.

- Banisher Priest is a dual purpose card for you.  Not only does it give you another threat on the board, but it can REALLY affect the tempo of the game or otherwise just acts as removal.

- Boros Reckoner is also just that good.  Going up to 2x will give you better chances of drawing one while not putting an insane requirement on your mana (as that triple white is going to be hard to hit reliably).

This likely isn't going to be 100% ideal as it sits.  To be honest, you're close enough to the mono-white aggro lists that were doing real work right after Theros hit that I would suggest just making the change to that.  I mean after all, you're really only getting Aqueous Form by going blue.

Haha, I have been thinking to myself that this list is just screaming to be mono-white and I'm probably just being stubborn and forcing an archetype that isn't really there.

I appreciate the help, and might give those changes a shot.

There is a good possibility this will evolve onto a mono-white devotion deck. I just need to pick up the gods and a few elspeth's... Easier said than done though. Haha

Fiendslayer Paladin(m14) is pretty amazing to have in a white deck (imo)

hooper_n_juice wrote:

Haha, I have been thinking to myself that this list is just screaming to be mono-white and I'm probably just being stubborn and forcing an archetype that isn't really there.

I appreciate the help, and might give those changes a shot.

There is a good possibility this will evolve onto a mono-white devotion deck. I just need to pick up the gods and a few elspeth's... Easier said than done though. Haha

You're not going to need Elspeth for mono-white aggro.  At most you'll curve out at 5 with Archangel of Thune.  I'd suggest looking into getting 4x Soldier of the Pantheon and 1-2 Heliod, God of the Sun long before you would need an Elspeth.

And overlordmario is right, Fiendslayer is pretty sick, especially if you put down Path of Bravery and/or Spear of Heliod.