Topic: Looking to sell collection, but where to start?

OK so i am looking to sell the cards i dont have in my decks. I have noticed recently that my inventory isnt completely correct anymore, but it is about 95% correct. I would want to sell it all (or trade it all for the cards in my tradelist).  I really dont want to piece it out. Anyone have sugestions? Or have an idea of what i should expect for it?

Re: Looking to sell collection, but where to start?

I would take the TCG mid value of all of the rares, then cut that value in half and try selling your collection for that.  No one wants to pay $100 for $60 in rares and 10,000 pieces of cardboard.

The idea behind buying bulk collections is to make a profit.  If your buyer can't make at least 25% more than what he paid you in resale, it's not worth it for him.

Hope that helps.

You mentioned you do not want to sell your cards as singles but you can make a significant amount more than if you sold your collection in bulk. This is especially true if you have cards valued over $50. For a minor investment of your time, you can get anywhere from 80% to 95% return on the value of your cards if you sell as singles.

Selling in bulk is easy but you have to know what you want to get before you go down this path. If your collection is uploaded to deckbox, export the CSV file with the price information included. Then open it in excel and total up the all the mid and low prices in the file. Multiply the mid and low totals by 60% and try to find buyers that will pay an amount between these totals. If you want to find a buyer fast, you can try posting your sale on MOTL and MTGS also. Ebay is also fast way to get rid of cards but you will lose an additional 15% in fees.

If you are going to deal with someone online and your collection is huge. You might want to invest is some 5000ct. cardboard boxes (the big 5 row boxes). It would also be a good idea to take some high quality pictures of some of the valuable stuff in your collection so you can post pictures. I use dropbox to host any images of my cards.

The easiest way to sell bulk is to wait until there is a large tournament (SCG open/GP) in your local area and take your collection to one of the dealers. They will give you a non-negotiable lowball offer but will usually take anything you have.

Hope these suggestions help.

all those sugestions helped- thank you! Its not that i wanted to sell them, but i am now in a position that i have to. The more i can get for them now, the less i would have to make up somewhere else.

Thank you agian!