Topic: Is there a club that meets to BUY/SELL/TRADE in the Bay Area?

Hello all,

I was thinking about starting a club that meets at least once a month to BUY/SELL/TRADE cards. I know you can meet at a LGS to trade but all the LGSs in my area will ban you if you try to sell cards to other people. Would anyone be interested in this type of club? Is there already something like this available that I'm not aware of in the Bay Area? Any input would be appreciated.

Thx

Re: Is there a club that meets to BUY/SELL/TRADE in the Bay Area?

There's not one that I know of, but I recently moved to the area myself. I would be interested if this was a thing.

I live in Walnut Creek, and I'm down for this as long as its after 6pm on a weekday or pretty much anytime on a weekend.  Also where in the Bay were you thinking?

Yay for East Bay! There's a great store in Concord you should check out smile Equilibrium Games. Ton of people go there, and they have an absolutely massive amount of magic products and events

torgu wrote:

Yay for East Bay! There's a great store in Concord you should check out smile Equilibrium Games. Ton of people go there, and they have an absolutely massive amount of magic products and events

That's actually where I go smile

Rocturnal wrote:
torgu wrote:

That's actually where I go smile

I approve!

torgu wrote:

Do they allow the players to sell and buy cards from each other? That's the big thing, there's plenty of Locals in the bay but none of them that i know of allow you to sell cards openly to one another without being banned from the store.

Rocturnal wrote:

I live in Walnut Creek, and I'm down for this as long as its after 6pm on a weekday or pretty much anytime on a weekend.  Also where in the Bay were you thinking?

I have a space that can host a large number of people in the Gilroy area near the outlets. The best time for me is Sundays after 6pm.

nirvana1987 wrote:
torgu wrote:

Do they allow the players to sell and buy cards from each other? That's the big thing, there's plenty of Locals in the bay but none of them that i know of allow you to sell cards openly to one another without being banned from the store.

I know the owner, I'll ask him and let you know smile

torgu wrote:
nirvana1987 wrote:
torgu wrote:

I know the owner, I'll ask him and let you know smile

Awesome, really appreciate it. :-.)

Anyone around San Mateo?

There's a FB Group up here in north bay.

Mods -  sorry if this link is against forum policy.

My Profile   -   Tradelist   -   Wishlist

CDubSurf wrote:

thx for the fb link. does this group meet up irl? that's what i'm looking for.

nirvana1987 wrote:
CDubSurf wrote:

thx for the fb link. does this group meet up irl? that's what i'm looking for.

Not for arranging. But once sells are set up, most of the time they are done in person. I've met a lot of the guys on here at peoples houses while playing magic and most of them and up at Outer Planes or Baseball Cards... for Magic events. So setting up sells out side of the group usually isn't an issue.

My Profile   -   Tradelist   -   Wishlist