Topic: w: gold bordered cards h: tradelist, paypal

Looking for gold bordered cards. The following are ones I care about, would consider others. General rule is if the real one is worth money I'd likely be somewhat interested in a gold bordered one

Onslaught fetches (Have some but always would like more as me and my friends use a bunch of them)
Force of will (Have one but still could be interested in more)
survival of the fittest (have one but still interested in more)
Gaea's Cradle (Still hoping to find one)
Chrome Mox
Land Tax

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-28 16:27:07)

Re: w: gold bordered cards h: tradelist, paypal

I have a complete (w/ sideboard) 1998 World Championships deck for trade.  Its the Brian Selden one and has 4x Survival of the Fittest.  I'm not really interested in parting it out for just the Survivals, but start up a trade if you're interested.

only need one so unless you value it very little I will pass

bump

do you care is some have sharpie over the gold border?

no, but will deduct some value, what do you have?

Take a look at my profile. I have them all listed under the deck "gold bordered".

bump, Working on a trade but still looking for more!

bump

Think I have a Flooded Strand - what do you value it at?

$1 Cash couple bucks trade

I'd give you more than a dollar for it. They are like $5-$10 on ebay.

they list at that much but sell vs. list is one thing. If you want to offer more than me go for, That's what I'm willing to give on pretty much a proxy. HE asked what I would offer and that's the response I gave

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-25 06:09:07)

fairportmagic wrote:

they list at that much but sell vs. list is one thing. If you want to offer more than me go for, That's what I'm willing to give on pretty much a proxy. HE asked what I would offer and that's the response I gave

That's how much they sell for. You should look it up. You might be surprised that most the expensive cards that are printed in gold borders are still worth good money.

ok, some might sell at $5, he can sell them to you for less then that or goto ebay and have them take there cut. I feel $1 cash or couple bucks in trade is fair for a card only usable in casual (pretty much a proxy). Yes cradle and force of will are in the $10-$20 range because the real ones are like $70 and $130 (approximately) respectively and were in far fewer of the decks. The fetches came in a lot of the decks and top money is $5 if you got an established ebay store and a few months of time to let it sit.

If he only has like one card anyway it's probably not worth his or my time anyway even if we were going by a slightly higher evaluation. If he accepts my offer I'll try to work something out, if not I'll live.

I'm not here to rip people off and turn around and try to sell them on ebay. I'm gonna give these to my friends so we can power up some of our casual decks more

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-25 06:25:50)

Itsonlytheis I opened a trade with you.  I'm interested in your gold bordered cards as well.

Edit: Cradles sell for like $30+ btw

Last edited by Mattssacre (2014-01-25 06:35:52)

ok... Thanks for jack'n my thread. Your welcome for starting it I guess

fairportmagic wrote:

ok... Thanks for jack'n my thread. Your welcome for starting it I guess

Thanks for offering silly low prices so people can easily offer more.

I'm not really but ok. If you read the forum rules I'm allowed to value stuff at what I want. If people decide to trade with me at that price so be it. People are smart enough to use google on here. I still stand by that $5 is the let it set on ebay price for fetchlands and that nobody has brought up force of wills or cradles et which are the main 2 exceptions to the rule of the cards being pretty much worth $1 or $2

also some of the cards Itsonlytheis has have the borders covered in sharpie which continues to decrease the amount of people interested in them, like I stated not trying to make a buck off of anyone, simply getting older powerful cards in a slightly better than proxy form for my friends and myself to pay casually.

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-25 06:51:05)

fairportmagic wrote:

I'm not really but ok. If you read the forum rules I'm allowed to value stuff at what I want. If people decide to trade with me at that price so be it. People are smart enough to use google on here. I still stand by that $5 is the let it set on ebay price for fetchlands and that nobody has brought up force of wills or cradles et which are the main 2 exceptions to the rule of the cards being pretty much worth $1 or $2

I didn't call you out.  I offered a better deal.   I guess I value the cards more than you do.  That's my right.  You want me to average the ebay sold prices for you?  It seems you aren't up to the task.

Last edited by Mattssacre (2014-01-25 07:06:32)

I'd appreciate it if this is a serious want of yours to start your own thread or message them without unnecessarily posting in here. I'm entitled to my opinions.

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-25 16:21:10)

fairportmagic wrote:

I'd appreciate it if this is a serious want of yours to start your own friend or message them without unnecessarily posting in here. I'm entitled to my opinions.

He is correct he is entitled to his own opinion, I believe his evaluations of Zendikar full arts led to this rule - http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14810

partially true, people complaining about me to choose to value a card differently when I was asking if people would trade at a price lower price. Tons of people non-stop complaining about it made that rule. That was again a situation of me not trying to rip anyone one off and make a buck on them, it was to get me an my fiends a bunch of nice lands to use when we draft, which I succeeded at btw.

Last edited by fairportmagic (2014-01-25 16:32:57)

bump, just closed a trade but still looking for more stuff