Topic: Enchantment Creatures sorting into the wrong section

In the deck builder, some Enchantment Creatures (or maybe all of them, I haven't tested them all) are sorting into the Enchantment section. I think it's probably reasonable that Enchantment Creatures should sort like Artifact Creatures--into the Creature section.

The two I've noticed are Perplexing Chimera and Thassa, God of the Sea.

Re: Enchantment Creatures sorting into the wrong section

clockworkcactus wrote:

In the deck builder, some Enchantment Creatures (or maybe all of them, I haven't tested them all) are sorting into the Enchantment section. I think it's probably reasonable that Enchantment Creatures should sort like Artifact Creatures--into the Creature section.

The two I've noticed are Perplexing Chimera and Thassa, God of the Sea.

I've noticed this as well.

It is true of all 83 enchantment creatures (including Lucent Liminid).

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

I was literally just about to post this same request in a new thread when I hit the back button on my browser and noticed this thread.

its probably because their first word is enchantment not creature.

I agree that this needs fixed.  Priority should be Land, Creature, Enchantment, Artifact.

Deathsloch wrote:

Nope, that's not it.  Artifact is also the first word for Artifact Creatures.
http://i.imgur.com/3uwhaJE.png

Paddock wrote:

I agree that this needs fixed.  Priority should be Land, Creature, Enchantment, Artifact.

Deathsloch wrote:

Nope, that's not it.  Artifact is also the first word for Artifact Creatures.

I checked, and the current order seems to be Land, Enchantment, Creature, Artifact. (and the Gods' Weapons sort under enchantment.)

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

Fixed, enchantment creatures are now considered creatures.

sebi wrote:

Sweet!  Thanks, Sebi.

Edit: I'll note that land creatures are now also showing up as Creatures rather than land.  That wouldn't be my preference, but I can see the argument for making Creature be the primary sort category in all cases.

http://i.imgur.com/0oFY79l.png

Also note that Artifact Lands are Artifacts, rather than lands.  I don't any, myself, but if I did, would consider that a problem.

Last edited by Paddock (2014-05-22 09:15:53)

Hmm... so Artifact Creatures & Enchantment Creatures are Creatures, Land Creatures are Lands and Land Artifacts are also Lands?

sebi wrote:

Hmm... so Artifact Creatures & Enchantment Creatures are Creatures, Land Creatures are Lands and Land Artifacts are also Lands?

Correct. The priority order should be Land > Creature > Artifact || Enchantment. Feel free to debate whether Artifact or Enchantment has higher priority. The god weapons are the only Enchantment Artifacts in the game atm.

sebi wrote:

Yep, Land is your most critical resource.  Without it, you can do nothing else (excluding some gimmick decks), so when looking at a deck, it's critical to see all of your land together.  In the following example, I would have to look in 3 different places to evaluate my Lands.

http://i.imgur.com/kl2ps7y.png

Creatures come second, they're they foundation of the most  common activity, combat.  As Kammikaze said, it's a tossup for whether Enchantment or Artifact should take 3rd place, but I favor Artifact as they're more likely to be something that's actively manipulated, whereas enchantments are more likely to be passive once in play.

sebi wrote:

Awesome, thank you.

Artifact Lands and Creature lands are now listed in the Lands section.

sebi wrote:

Artifact Lands and Creature lands are now listed in the Lands section.

Confirmed.  Thanks a ton, Sebi.

Flip cards, specifically Rune-Tail, Kitsune ascendant, sorts to enchantment, not sure if others do this, but probably best to sort it as the thing you cast.

It was annoying when the enchantment creatures came out they were all listed as enchantments.  I don't mind with the gods as much because it takes more to turn them on.

Glad that's all fixed.