Topic: A question about tournaments and Dragon's Lair

Hello everybody! wink

Two questions:

1. Can a player join a official tournament with cards in non-oryginal language (eg. polish)? Those could be identified by graphics or card numbers (in lower left corner of a card, next to battle pack icon) nonetheless it would be difficult and time consuming (i guess).

2. If a player have 2xDragon's Lair in play and so happens in one turn he will get two tokens on both of them, can he remove those tokens to search ten cards (instead of five) for a dragon or search five, shuffle deck and then again search five or, finally, its impossible to use it two times in one turn and he would have to wait to another turn with one of them.

I iz Burbotz Grinwipea, Sneaky Git and Uzeful also.
Green iz da' best and red goes fasta!
WAAAGH!

Re: A question about tournaments and Dragon's Lair

the action is bound to the card
so each card will search 5 cards
so u search 5 and then again 5

it would now for your specific question b interesting, if the second copy of dragons lair can trigger within the first action chain before you shuffle your deck

So... it will be like that:

1. player's A turn begins
2. player A adds one token on one of his Dragon's Lair
   - as player A added token he may then (as card text specificaly indicates) remove two of them to search his deck and schuffle it
3. as player A took action player B have a chance to response with action, thus forming a action chain
   - if that happened, actions take precedence in LIFO manner (last in, first out)

And here is the question: player A can add action to the chain on normal therms (as a response to action taken by player B), can player's A action be the one provided by DL?

WAAAGH!

For the tournament question, it is up to any particular tournament's organizers to decide which (types of) cards they allow, so ask them. Maybe they'll only accept cards in their country's native tongue, maybe all.

The action of Dragon's Lair is a triggered action, the trigger being the beginning of the turn.

From the FAQ:

Triggered Actions are a subset
of Actions that contain a trigger
condition. Each Triggered Action
can be triggered once per copy of
the Triggered Action and only once
per trigger condition. If this trigger
condition is met during the resolution
of other effects (or outside of an
Action Window) then the Triggered
Action must be played during the first
available opportunity once an Action
Window opens, or it cannot be played
at all.

For example: Rat Ogres (CC 55) reads
“Action: At the beginning of your turn,
restore all Skaven units.” The trigger is at
the beginning of your turn, and the action
can only be triggered once during this action
window per copy of the card in play.

So if A triggers Dragon's Lair, and B responds, A can respond to that, but not with another triggering of Dragon's Lair.

Last edited by Mallumo (2011-07-19 22:17:36)

Thank you, that explains everything. wink

Last edited by Paxvlae (2011-07-21 20:42:26)

WAAAGH!

As I got anwser so fast I just thought I might get another swift explaination big_smile

If a Dragon Prince enter battlefield where there are already two other units does the player get to keep all three of them or he must choose two that can stay in play?

As I get it (from the Nate's rulling explaining the matter of Greatswords unit) the unit is played (at that point its neighter in play nor in the hand of its owner) actions may be taken in response and then unit accualy enters play and it's forced, triggered action takes precedence. So if unit already entered play it must be taken in consideration for such effects as that one of DP or Moon Dragon etc.

PS: Didn't want to start a whole new topic.

WAAAGH!

You got that right. In the Dragon Prince example, you have to chose two of the three.

I have another question wink

If a player have 2xAncient Waystone in play, can he use its action twice in same turn (once per copy of card in play)?

Last edited by Paxvlae (2011-07-23 08:47:49)

WAAAGH!

Sure. Limitations like "use this only once per turn" always pertain to this particular copy of the card and not to others. So each Ancient Waystone can only be activated once per turn, but there's no limit to the number of different Waystones that can be activated in the same turn.

Next question:

Scout Camp works with Ancient Map (allowing to find two quests instead of one) or with Dwarf Cannon Crew (and simillar cards, allowing to search six instead of five cards from top of deck)? Or, finally, it works in both cases?

PS: Topic getting fat ;P

Last edited by Paxvlae (2011-07-24 22:05:09)

WAAAGH!

Yes, Dwarf Cannon Crew, like you described. Not with Ancient Map.

Next question:

Can indirect damage be canceled? (eg. by thoughness)

If so, Reaper Bolt Thrower is kinda useless...

Edit:
@down: that's a shame. hmm Nonetheless thank You for anwser.

Last edited by Paxvlae (2011-08-01 23:02:54)

WAAAGH!

Of course it can be cancelled by toughness or other card effects unless you have White Tower Aspirant in play (in Kingdom).

Ok, how about that?

If player A plays Witch Hag's Curse on unit controled by player B is player A still considered controling WHC and get loyality point towards dark elves from it?

Last edited by Paxvlae (2011-08-03 14:04:07)

WAAAGH!

Yes, WHC still gines player A loyalty symbol as he is the owner of WHC card.