Topic: Future features

New user - first post,
I registered today and took some time to go through the site and forum.

From what I discovered so far I see Deckbox becoming my favorite for mtg inventory management very soon.

For the time being I'm concentrating on finally inventorying my collection.
Trading/buying/selling and deck building are going to be the next steps.

Going through the forum it took me some time to understand what is the status of Deckbox and what are the plans for the future.
Is there a structured list of features being worked/planned to be worked on, including current status of work and tentative release dates?
It would be great to have feature requests itemized and documented one by one.

I'm particularly interested in a couple of features I've understood are not currently available:
1. Cards with multiple pictures in the same edition - I want to maintain separate inventory for all those basic lands, strip mines, thallids, etc.
2. Foreign Revised/Reinassance sets - have plenty of them
Without these two it would be very cumbersome for me to record my inventory here (because of the way I have the cards physically stored), so I'm looking forward to see them implemented as soon as possible.

Great work!!!

Re: Future features

Both requests are high on the todo list smile

We used to have a 'upcoming features' post but it's a bit hard to maintain it up to date, and confusing when it is not maintained. We do change plans from time to time regarding priority of next features. I will look into solidifying this process a bit.

In broad strokes, we now have planned for this year: better inventory tooling (tags or separate inventories), improvements to the selling and trading systems, cleanup of the user profile page (the "dashboard"), and an API to help developement of mobile apps.

Re: Future features

Thanks for the clarifications.

While I wait for future releases I'll continue reading the various update posts to understand what is coming up next.

In the meanwhile I started building my inventory manually, it's going to be a long process...
For the time being I'm keeping track of missing editions and cards in an excel spreadsheet.