Topic: Boros Battalion/vigilance/First Strike deck feedback

Hey everyone

I'm a casual player and I normally just play paper magic with my family but recently I've discovered some local tournaments and I wanted to build some decks so I can go and compete for fun. I wanted to know if there is anything I could do to make this deck better for standard or Modern play.

http://deckbox.org/sets/742035

You can also see in the deck notes what cards I wish to add when I eventually get them.

Thanks everyone
Pat

Re: Boros Battalion/vigilance/First Strike deck feedback

Add Lightning Bolt and Lightning Helix for modern.

As for standard, some of your card aren't standard legal (Gisela etc from Innistrad Block) so you should change it, maybe with bestow/enchantment creature from Theros Block (Eidolon of Hope for example) and Eidolon of Countless Battle (your enchantment permanent + creature number matter wink ) plus 4 of Ethereal Armor (Great in enchantment heavy deck).

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll keep this as a modern deck as I have a combo featuring Gisela along with some other cards.

When adding Lightning Bolt and Lightning Helix should there be cards from the instants and sorcery section that should be taken out e.g. searing spear?

Thanks again.

https://deckbox.org/sets/749120

(PS. I might as well have this here as this is what i want my final red/white deck to be like.)

I think you should take out from your current list:

Cobbled Wing x1
Fall of the hammer x1
Font of Vigor x2
Ring of Thune x1
Boros Cluestone x1
Ray of dissolution x1
Demolish x2

So your deck have exactly 60 card. But it's up to you.

Oh, and Solemn offering > ray of dissolution btw

Thanks again for the feedback
I'm going to keep Ring of Thine and add 1 more solemn offering just for the life gain and control it has so a total of 62 cards which is managable.. I'm currently waiting on some money to order the cards I don't have so I have iroas and aurelia etc. So thank you so much. Now I can try and compete and beat my brothers with this haha.