Topic: Editing quantities directly from inventory pages (tab stops)

In short, the TAB order on the inventory pages needs to change. Desperately needs to change.

We had the ability, a while ago now, to edit numbers easily via keyboard on the inventory pages (without needing to click into the pop up white screen).  When that changed, a number of us asked to get that back.  While we now can mouse-click into the columns to make edits, that is not very useful when editing mass quantities of cards.  For example, I just sold 4,950 cards and now need to adjust my inventory AND tradelist. I'm not going to mouse-click from field to field. Ideally, the TAB STOPS on the pages would move directly from one column to the next. As it is now, if i hit TAB after adjusting an inventory number, it jumps to the card name.  If I keep hitting TAB, it NEVER gets back to those quantity columns. As long as I am on one of the count columns (Inventory, Tradelist, and Wishlist), the TAB STOPS should only cycle though those columns, advancing to the next row after the final quantity column is left.

Until this is addressed, the usefulness of the site is vastly reduced for me. In fact, it's the major reason why I have not resumed trading on the site, and also has restrained me from establishing a seller account. It's just too dang difficult to manage the major changes to my inventory.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

Re: Editing quantities directly from inventory pages (tab stops)

Why use the web interface for these changes? Why not download the csv file of your inventory and make the changes in a spreadsheet editor that's well-suited for the operations you have in mind, and then re-import?

9700377 wrote:

Why use the web interface for these changes? Why not download the csv file of your inventory and make the changes in a spreadsheet editor that's well-suited for the operations you have in mind, and then re-import?

It defeats the purpose of having an online inventory system. If I have to take it offline to edit it, I might as well just keep it offline. Besides, it's something we had before that was lost when changes were introduced. I'm not the first one to ask for this to be restored.

Profile - Wishlist - Tradelist

Black and Blue--not just for bruises anymore.

I guess I never really used things the old way, but I'd be surprised if it was almost as easy to update nearly 5k changes via the web interface as it would be via a dedicated spreadsheet program. But I guess you'd know better than me.

Last edited by 9700377 (2014-08-26 06:27:48)