3 Rift Bolt (pref FNM foil)
3 Lava Spike
3 Shard Volley
4 Boros Charm

2 Rain of Gore
3 Rakdos Charm
3 Molten Rain
3 Destructive Revelry
All of which would be preferred foil if we can make that happen.
Often I will trade out of inventory if it means finishing the list faster so I'll definitely look into all offers.
Thanks for looking. As always I'm looking for other things on my wishlist aswell.

Edit: Updated Quantities and changed the list a bit.

Last edited by Meou (2014-09-22 20:05:29)

Re: W: Goblin Guides, EoGR, Lavamancer, Burn stuff

I've played modern and legacy burn and I can tell you with certainty that Vexing Devil is not a good card in that deck.

Kammikaze wrote:

I've played modern and legacy burn and I can tell you with certainty that Vexing Devil is not a good card in that deck.

I also play modern and legacy burn, I think its a better then average card.

joecat wrote:
Kammikaze wrote:

I also play modern and legacy burn, I think its a better then average card.

It's decent T1 and when your opponent is at about 10ish life. When you need the 4 damage to close the game out your opponent won't take the damage and they will probably have removal for it so it's a terrible draw late game. Even T1 it's not as good as Goblin Guide. There are no cards in legacy burn that should be taken out for it. I can understand running it in modern if you want to run mono-red, but RW and BRW are sooooo much better.

Being a modern and legacy burn player, I am 100% in agreement with kammi, vexing devil falls short in both modern and definitely legacy, although not by much. If decks were 65 cards it would most certainly make the cut in modern.

So what's the general consensus then? Seems most of the videos I've watched have run it, which is the reason for the include. Is splashing black and white for bump and boros charm the answer then? I mostly thought of him as lavamancer food, but I understand not wanting the opponent to be able to make decisions, as they are almost always going to be what's better for them.

Also can any of you offer any solid resources or streamers running this list or one similar to it? I could do a lot in testing, sure, but tuning the list as I build it is always a pretty good plan. Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys.

What are you still needing from your list?

Meou wrote:

splashing black and white for bump and boros charm

This is what I do and I've had good success with it. I won't say it's 100% the best list to run, but I haven't regretted any of the cards yet.

ThePalmerClan wrote:

What are you still needing from your list?

Almost 100% of the list at this point. I've got a promo rift bolt and thats it i think. Haven't made any commitments to it at the moment. Like I said, I'd like to foil all the commons/uncommons because they really aren't very expensive and I feel that I'll enjoy the deck enough to warrant the extra $100 for snazz. I'll edit from here once I have trades confirmed.

I'm running nearly mono red, currently splashing green for destructive revelry in the board, that being said I'm considering the move to adding black and white for bump, charm, and wear//tear (still play testing both) But none of the burn players at the 4 lgs I go to run devil atm. With courser and finks and dragons claw seeing quite a bit of popularity in the area I run 4 skull crack and 4 flames of the blood hand.

Back to vexing devil, you never want to draw in to the card, similar to goblin guide. between bolt and path he's underwhelming. Pod has a million creatures, jund and twin have bolt, junk has path and a bunch of creatures. Behind those 4 decks I think burn is next best. So to summarize, devil is a dead card against the top 4 cards in the format, pick between 4 Boros charm or 4 flames of the bloodhand if you want to sure up the match ups.

Also, please let me know your success with grim lavamancer, I'm currently flipping back and forth between 2 of those and 2 hellspark elemental. So far I've found haste has been more effective but that might just be because of my local meta.

P.S. Sorry for the rambling.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=8053& … 9&f=MO
This is a similar list to yours that won a gp

Bump.

Opened a discussion re: Eidolons and other cards of interest

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

Updated.