Topic: Selling Minimums

Sorry if this was already asked or stated in the FAQ. I couldn't find it on search or in a quick reading of the FAQ.
If I wanted to become a seller, is there implementation for requiring minimum order sizes?
I've seen users mention this on their profile, but was wondering if it was actually implemented.

Re: Selling Minimums

I don't believe there is any required minimum. A lot of people institute it, myself included, because up to a certain point, the seller actually loses money, between shipping costs and paypal/deckbox fees, or it's just not worth the hassle to make 25 cents. But you can do whatever you want as far as minimum purchase, or just not have one at all.

Last edited by Pitch35 (2014-10-06 18:56:28)

Always looking for modern and legacy staples.

Yeah, but I can't stop the user from submitting a 25 cent order right?
Someone could just buy something without reading/honoring the bio.

In which case you can just issue a refund and forget that it ever happened.

Pitch35 wrote:

I do believe the buyer can leave negative feedback on any refunded payment without permission of the deckbox team.

joecat wrote:
Pitch35 wrote:

I do believe the buyer can leave negative feedback on any refunded payment without permission of the deckbox team.

That seems absurd, particularly since there is nothing preventing them from making a purchase that goes against the seller's rules in the first place. That kind of leaves the sellers in the lurch...

I agree but I do believe they can.

So we're saying, lets just sell on eBay.
Cool.

I mean, that's what I do lol

jmigliore wrote:

Cool.

You will get slightly more profit off of here.

joecat wrote:
jmigliore wrote:

Cool.

You will get slightly more profit off of here.

This is true

3% more profit? not worth the trouble if I can sell cards 4 at a time on eBay.
Nothing spotting people from buying 1 at a time, then my time to ship four different shipments.
I suppose DeckBox is good for singles.

jmigliore wrote:

3% more profit? not worth the trouble if I can sell cards 4 at a time on eBay.
Nothing spotting people from buying 1 at a time, then my time to ship four different shipments.
I suppose DeckBox is good for singles.

I trade a ton so it generally doesn't bother me selling 1 at a time. If you are quitting the game and want to sell everything quickly deckbox isn't the spot, but it is great if you still play.

I only play limited now, and do trade quite a bit. But I prefer to collect playsets then offload them - usually easier that way.
I want to slowly get rid of my collection, not dump it all at once. Cashing out a little at a time is my goal.

joecat wrote:

If they leave negative without reading and abiding by seller policies, we will remove it. The buyers also see a message on their order saying they should read the seller profile before submitting.

We do want to address the buying and selling of playsets too, not sure yet in which way but it's definitely on the list.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. We want to fix whatever issues you have with our system, so you do not have to go sell cards on EBay smile.

Minimum value per sale would be a reasonable way to make it sensible.  But I thought that the shipping cost being not rock bottom was a reasonable way to enforce that as well.

I'd just like to add that when "card grouping" is implemented I'd like to see it for more than just a # of the same card, but also different cards, e.g. a planeswalker and its associated emblem