Topic: Suggestions: Inventory subgroup and promo/signed filtering

Deckbox team,

I have the two suggestions:

1) Sub-grouping of inventory
The deck creation function in deckbox shows the deck as if it had the latest printing of the cards needed. This is a fine functionality as it can help people build their deck with the easiest to find cards and lowest cost; however, can we have a way to add current cards in inventory to a deck? For example, my Geth EDH deck contains 85% foil cards; however, I cannot properly see the estimated value of my deck and I cannot see which cards in my deck are not foiled yet. I think this can better be described as a sub-grouping of Inventory for viewing and valuation purposes. Many people subgroup their inventory so Legacy staples are separated from standard cards and / or jank rares. This functionality can also help people in selling cards as lots. I've traded with people who signed up for a separate deckbox account just so they can separate their Inventory into different groups, but I think separating accounts to have multiple Inventory isn't a great workaround.

2) "Is promo" and "Is Signed" filter
It is great that every type of promo has its own "Edition", but as deckbox has a promo indicator, can we have a filter for that like we have for the foil indicator? This is because not all promos are foils (Mana Crypt, Game Day Participation promos, ...etc). As this "Is promo" indicator is marked by the user anyway, this can allow users in deciding which card is consider a promo. For example, some people consider alternate printings in Duel Decks as a promo, and some people don't. This filter will allow users to easily filter all promos instead of having to click set by set in the filter. Similarly, can we have a "Is Signed" filter as well?

Thanks, smile

TC

Last edited by TerribleChoice (2014-10-08 14:26:00)

Re: Suggestions: Inventory subgroup and promo/signed filtering

Please ignore suggestion #1, I just realized that there's a on-going sticky about it already.

Sorry for that.

TC

TerribleChoice wrote:

Please ignore suggestion #1, I just realized that there's a on-going sticky about it already.

Sorry for that.

TC

For #2, though...yes please.

IronMagus wrote:

For #2, though...yes please.

+1

In general, I am blunt and to the point. I apologize in advance if I appear mean or rude.

I am the Community Admin for the CSUN Magic Players Community. I also sometimes help people with technical issues.
My Wishlist | Featured Deck

#2 would be nice.  But also as a tip you can sort by edition (reversed) and a lot of the promos will come to the first page if they are marked correctly.

Example:
https://deckbox.org/sets/66314?s=b&o=a

As a side note, I had no idea there was a promo elvish mystic till I looked at your list just now. big_smile

Well since tokens were added, these might actually be a couple of pages into their trade list, but they are generally grouped together - just after tokens. 
https://deckbox.org/sets/1416?o=a&p=4&s=b

This is the fastest way that I've found to view all of the promos a person might have using the current system.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2014-10-08 18:02:08)

Thank you for the advice. I collect promos, so this will definitely help.

gumgodMTG wrote:

#2 would be nice.  But also as a tip you can sort by edition (reversed) and a lot of the promos will come to the first page if they are marked correctly.

Example:
https://deckbox.org/sets/66314?s=b&o=a

As a side note, I had no idea there was a promo elvish mystic till I looked at your list just now. big_smile

Well since tokens were added, these might actually be a couple of pages into their trade list, but they are generally grouped together - just after tokens. 
https://deckbox.org/sets/1416?o=a&p=4&s=b

This is the fastest way that I've found to view all of the promos a person might have using the current system.