Topic: Wordpress and various forum plugins, MtG Format Legality changes

MtG Format Legality

As you might know, Gatecrash, Magic the Gathering's latest edition becomes officially legal in Standard, Extended and Modern starting the 1st of February.

There have also been changes to the Modern format (as we have been discussing in the General Magic forum), as posted by Wizards officially here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a … eature/232

Bloodbraid Elf and Seething Song become banned in Modern starting 1st of February as well.

This information is now reflected correctly on deckbox as well (some decks might still display wrong messages, but they should be accurate in a couple of hours).

We have thought about  it a bit and we think from the next expansion onwards we will directly modify the legality information on deckbox as soon as the set is imported. That way there's less steps and less confusion for the users.

Wordpress and Forum plugins

As you guys might know, we have for some time now provided plugins for Wordpress, Joomla, VBulletin and PunBB that enable other forums and sites to use our card tooltip system. More information about all supported forum software can be found on the help page: http://deckbox.org/help/tooltips.

We have a couple of days ago released a new version of the Wordpress plugin that brings compatibility with the BBPress forum plugin. Also we have promised a couple of our users that we'll implement an IPBoard plugin too, and we have managed to finalize it yesterday. We took this opportunity to clean up some of the other older ones and move everything to github.

If any of you is using any of these plugins and a is also a software developer, I'll gladly accept / discuss pull requests for any enhancements you would like to make.

As an added disclaimer, I am not a PHP dev, nor do I have time to become one, so if you would like to program some enhancements and the current code is not up to par, I'll gladly accept cleanups / tests as well. smile

Have a nice friday tomorrow! smile

(L.E. That has to be one of the weirdest wishes I made at the end of a post ever, but I'm keeping it in big_smile)

Last edited by sebi (2013-01-31 19:50:15)