Topic: Shipping to Canada - Bubble Mailer with stamps?

So you can't print first class parcel on paypal. For shipping to Canada in a bubble mailer can you just slap 3 or 4 stamps on it or do you need to go to the post office and get it there?

Last edited by gtcooke94 (2013-06-11 15:25:34)

Re: Shipping to Canada - Bubble Mailer with stamps?

Your going to need to go the PO and have them weigh it. I usually just go there and say where its going they ask what it is and estimated value and you just pay the fee there.

I know that postage for a regular envelope (up to 2oz) from the US to Canada is $1.10 postage.  I'm not sure about bubble mailers though.  They might actually require you to do a customs form if it is in a bubble mailer instead of a regular envelope. 

Also, I'm not sure if it is a new thing or not, but they had Forever International stamps the last time I was at the post office.  I picked up a few extras, as they are good for a 2oz envelope to Canada or a 1oz envelope to any other country.

Shipping to CA is $1.30 for an envelope with a rigid object in it (toploader).  Shipped there a few times recently.

intensional wrote:

I know that postage for a regular envelope (up to 2oz) from the US to Canada is $1.10 postage.  I'm not sure about bubble mailers though.  They might actually require you to do a customs form if it is in a bubble mailer instead of a regular envelope. 

Also, I'm not sure if it is a new thing or not, but they had Forever International stamps the last time I was at the post office.  I picked up a few extras, as they are good for a 2oz envelope to Canada or a 1oz envelope to any other country.

I mean, forevers have a value, you just have to add them up. I'm fairly certain it's .44, and you can just put 3 stamps on. The bubble mailers I have are from USPS and have a place to affix postage.
I know if I go to the PO it'll be really expensive and take a long time, I'm just trying to avoid that.

I dont think Ive ever been at the PO for the more than 10 and it cost anything more than 3 dollars at most.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

Shipping to CA is $1.30 for an envelope with a rigid object in it (toploader).  Shipped there a few times recently.

Oh, yeah forgot about the $0.20 surcharge for rigid objects.

gtcooke94 wrote:

I mean, forevers have a value, you just have to add them up. I'm fairly certain it's .44, and you can just put 3 stamps on. The bubble mailers I have are from USPS and have a place to affix postage.
I know if I go to the PO it'll be really expensive and take a long time, I'm just trying to avoid that.

Yeah, it doesn't have to have an International Stamp on it.  You'd be slightly overpaying with 3 Forever stamps, but not by much.  I just don't know if bubble mailers have a different rate than plain white envelopes (which I know to be $1.10 + $0.20).