Topic: [feature request] Easy Imports from common file formats?

I'd be interested in seeing added the ability to easily import your card collection from a file that's built in some sort of common format.  For example, Essential Magic will let you export your entire collection as a .csv file.  It would be great to be able to export it to a file, then come here, select "Import", and point to that exact .csv file, and have all the card information pulled right in.  I'm sure there are other sites and commonly-used programs that do something similar into a file format that could be easily recognized and parsed.

I already plan to export mine to a .csv, and play with Excel to get the format to fit this site, so I'll be able to get by without it, but making it simpler for everyone would probably be a good thing.

Re: [feature request] Easy Imports from common file formats?

I'm not so sure about csv... as it's not a "strict" format (i.e. one site might export in one way, another site in another way, and it would be difficult for me to keep track of all of these).

But I have seen some sites let you export in formats used by other software (like for MTGO, Magic Workstation or Apprentice). I'm considering adding a 'file import' option on the import page for those.

A workaround for the csv issue would be an information / help page with the exact steps to be taken to convert the csv to a correct text file format for import.

I'm not sure... I'll think about this (i'm postponing features at the moment as I'd like to finish the trade interface first). But I'm duly noting all your requests and observations smile

Thanks!