Topic: Some Spam

Looks like there is a little bit of spam on here. Just wanted to let you guys know about it.

mara oumar has sent you a message.
You can respond to mara oumar by
replying to this email.
----------------------------------------

maraoumar3@yahoo.com
Hello
I read your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,
(maraoumar3@yahoo.com) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress
(maraoumar3@yahoo.com) as you know
there is no age,race,colour n religion barrier when it comes to true love,
cares Mara.

Re: Some Spam

I got the same message from the same user.

Hmm... this is not good. I banned him, but where there is one...

I'll put up a captcha on the signup page, but that's not going to be enough, as I bet there's other registered ones already.

I've temporarily removed the send email feature of the forum. People can still use the website's send email feature (there is an "Email" link in the left menu when you visit a user's profile, like mine). I will need to implement some kind of protection for that, sending threshold, ip logging, captchas etc etc.

I so hate the spam industry. I was hoping that a small tcg website wouldn't have to deal with this garbage, but it seems no one escapes. smile

sebi wrote:

I've temporarily removed the send email feature of the forum. People can still use the website's send email feature (there is an "Email" link in the left menu when you visit a user's profile, like mine). I will need to implement some kind of protection for that, sending threshold, ip logging, captchas etc etc.

I so hate the spam industry. I was hoping that a small tcg website wouldn't have to deal with this garbage, but it seems no one escapes. smile

Not too big of a deal. I just got one message is all. Just wanted to make you aware smile

Thanks for really going after those spammers!

Yeah... My girl noticed a message from this guy also. Explained to her the whole scammer dealio. Glad to see it is already being looked into. Love the site. Great work! Thank you.

We received the same email from Mara Oumar at maraoumar3@yahoo.com

Funny since A. I'm a girl and B. I have a blank profile.

Thanks for getting this stopped so quickly.

- the B in JaB Frey.

Got the same message from the same user, and was going to report here and suggest a captcha as I noticed there is none. I see this has already been addressed. Well done.