Topic: [Bug] Comment editor icons in Chrome

When viewing my decklist, the Comment box at the bottom of the page continuously adds the icons for the 3 card games for multiple rows. This really starts to bog the page down once it gets to the 30th+ row. I'm using Chrome. Anyone know how to stop this?

Re: [Bug] Comment editor icons in Chrome

Yergi, I use Chrome as my primary browser (version 14.0.835.202) and I don't experience this issue. 
What version are you using? 

If not the latest version, is there an update available? 

If on the latest version, then has this issue been there since the update or did it just start recently?

Hi, Yergi and thank you for the bug report.

In order to help you fix this issue I would need a bit more details about the problem you are experiencing as I am not sure I understand what exactly is the scenario. Is the hang happening on your deck: http://deckbox.org/sets/94065 ? The deck doesn't seem to have any comments on it. Also, which icons are you referring to? The icons inside the 'new comment' box?

I'm out of town this weekend so I can't check what version of Chrome I'm running (writing this from my phone). I'll check when I get home. The icons I'm referring to are the formatting icons that appear over the new comment box. The bold, italic and underline icons appear fine, but then the game icons just keep repeating themselves.

I figured out what was going on; it was some weird interaction with an extension I had called Super Full Feeds for Google Reader. Not sure why it was happening, the extension should only interact with Google Reader, but once I disabled it the bug stopped.

I'm glad to hear that. I will try installing the extension as well and see if I can identify the problem smile

laura wrote:

I will try installing the extension as well and see if I can identify the problem smile

Now THAT'S service smile

Go Laura!

Last edited by Tawnos (2011-10-24 15:04:58)

It took me a while to find the exact problem big_smile There was an incompatibility between the Super Full Feeds extension and an external implementation for the rich text editor that we use for the comment box. But rejoice, it has been fixed!

If you don't get the fix immediatelly, please search in the Chrome menu for the 'Clear Browsing Data' entry, then unselect everything except 'Empty the cache' and click 'Clear Browsing Data' or 'OK'. You should then refresh the deckbox page and everything should be working smoothly. Enjoy wink