Topic: Question about Thespian's Stage.

Hey Guys,

Basically my question is this, Thespians's Stage gives 1 mana in a circle, is that one generic mana, meaning i cannot play one drops of a certain colour? Or does it simply mean it is generic, can be used for any colour?

I know there are plenty if lands that do this, but i can only remember Thespian's Stage, I only ask as i couldn't play my one white boros elite using it as it gave a generic mana, and I'd like to be sure that is correct is all. Also if it does allow me to play one drops of a certain colour, reference to the rule would be awesome as i can then persuade my friends i am right big_smile.

If i'm wrong though, sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks guys

Re: Question about Thespian's Stage.

this mana is colorless mana and can only be used to pay for colorless costs.  For example.

Cards like artifacts, Sliver Construct , Searing Spear

Notice the generic mana required to play these spells.  And the 1 red required for searing spear. You cannot substitute any color of mana for the red required for searing spear, it must be red.  The other (1) though can be paid for with any color or color less mana. Such as that from Thespian's Stage.

So to pay for Sliver Construct you can use 3x thespian stage.  For Searing Spear, you must have at least one red source such as, Mountain, Steam Vents, Gruul Guildgate, Rakdos Keyrune,Burning-Tree Emissary (notice the emissary produces mana when she comes into play, this mana can be used to cast other creatures or spells. I'm just using it as an example of an alternate source)

Last edited by elpablo (2013-07-29 15:29:56)

Re: Question about Thespian's Stage.

Also note that you can pay two colorless mana to make Thespian's Stage into a copy of another land, letting it then produce the colored mana you need... although it sort of defeats the purpose to wait for turn 3 to play your one-drops wink