Topic: [feature request] Thoughts on the Future - "Fishbowl"

Foremost, I am a fan of what you are doing here. Much more ergonomic than the wizards-affiliated site, and already paying off for me in convenience.

Brass tacks:

Something I haven't seen anywhere (the internet) is a "Fishbowl" (solo play against fictional/dummy opponent) feature/tool for deck construction. For example, when one constructs a deck in real life, the very first thing you (I) do is shuffle and draw seven. You do have that covered, as well as the next six cards. Great feature there, very helpful, no complaints. The next logical step is to "play" the cards in your hand for a few turns, draw some cards and see if your deck will actually execute your win condition, or if you get some variety of screwed before that.

Then, for a time even later, I (hopefully many others as well) would appreciate a way to use the Fishbowl against a real opponent, a fellow deckbox member. Something in the vein of Apprentice, Magic Online or the Xbox Arcade Magic game, but no need for the extensive programming they do for MO, or the impressive UI on the Xbox. It seems to me that you have the database and visual scans very well integrated in this decklisting system already. I have little, if any, knowledge of coding such an internet browser based program to sample your image database, and to reference/load a user's saved decklist, but it doesn't seem to be a huge leap, or at least some variety of possible for the future. It would certainly set deckbox much farther apart from its rivals/competitors.

If someone has something to add to this thought, or a question of any kind, please feel free. I am sure it is incomplete in some way.

~The Shaman

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Re: [feature request] Thoughts on the Future - "Fishbowl"

I've been thinking about this since a friend told me about the 'goldfishing' testing technique (http://www.carthain.com/content/view/6/9/). But... as with most very cool stuff... it's not very easy to implement tongue

But not all hope is lost, as I have a friend who wanted to implement something like this as a graduation thesis. So if that takes off... we'll see about integrating it with deckbox. I'll let you know in the 'Upcoming features' thread when this thing goes into some kind of planning phase smile