Topic: How do you change Edition of card in inventory?

I want to load the 2 x Royal Assassin's I own from 4th Edition.  When I add, they only will show up as M12 Edition since that is latest print.  Is there no way to designate that I have the 4th Edition versions in my inventory?  This whole inventory feature seems extremely pointless if I can't designate what edition my cards are from.

Wouldn't it be off if I wanted to trade and deckbox says I have M12 Assassin and I send a guy one from 4th? 

Anyone know answer to this?  I love all features except this part.  Frustrating part is that this seems to be only inventory software I can find that does not allow you to designate edition.  Everyother onen does.  However I like all the other features of Deckbox vs. others.  Sigh......

If I missed something and this is possible please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: How do you change Edition of card in inventory?

Each card in the inventory has a small red circle with a white triangle when hovering over it's name. Click on that and you have edit card details. Also, when importing cards, you have the third tab (the one with the rainbow colored circle). When adding cards from there you can specify edition, promo, foil, etc.

Thanks Trickster, my bad, I missed that red triangle to edit card.  However, when I load, that rainbow icon does not
work on my screen, I get error msg.  At any rate, I can now change edition.  Still a bit clunky as it was added as a work around no doubt.  Good news is when I export the report says correct editions.  However when you search by editions, your 4th edition versions will show up as inventory in 8th edition, etc.  Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Appreciate your help.

You should put the error message here, maybe one of the admins will check it out.

Brettweer wrote:

Thanks Trickster, my bad, I missed that red triangle to edit card.  However, when I load, that rainbow icon does not
work on my screen, I get error msg.  At any rate, I can now change edition.  Still a bit clunky as it was added as a work around no doubt.  Good news is when I export the report says correct editions.  However when you search by editions, your 4th edition versions will show up as inventory in 8th edition, etc.  Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Appreciate your help.

Hello,

I am sorry you feel the design for the dropdown is bad, it's not a workaround, that is the best we could come up with smile. Any suggestions on how to make it more proeminent is of course welcome.

Please let us know what does not work when you click on the rainbow icon of the Add card dialog, and also what browser you are using, we will fix it.

On the filtering issue: the edition filter and edition column are displaying and considering all editions a card was printed in, regardless if you have the card in that edition or not, and the column only displays the last edition the card was printed in. I agree for collectors that might seem counter intuitive, and lacking in features, but that is the desired behaviour for now. We might expand on that, and clear things out a bit in the future. See also my explanation on this post: http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1249

Thank you for your feedback.