Topic: Spoiler view only shows cards in their newest edition? How to fix?

Hello,

When I add, let's say 1 Sylvan Library from Legends edition or 1 Savannah from Unlimited Edition and then add them to my deck they show up as 5th Edition and Revised Edition respectively. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!
Hans

Re: Spoiler view only shows cards in their newest edition? How to fix?

deckbox.org gets its card information through a 3rd party (tcgplayer.com) and as such does not have finite control over which image is displayed.  I *heard* (e.g. I have no idea if it's true) that there is an API update coming out from the 3rd party that may address this concern.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd like to see the correct images too!

Re: Spoiler view only shows cards in their newest edition? How to fix?

Hello Hans,

The inventory listing shows all the cards that you own, without splitting them by edition.  This means that if you will add 1 Sylvan Library from Legends and then 1 Sylvan Library from 5th Edition, you will see 2 Sylvan Libraries, with a details icon near them. If you click it you will see the detailed view of your sylvan Libraries.

But still, they will be listed as 1 single item. When you hover on it, it cannot show more than one image (imagine entering a Mountain from all the editions it was printed in - what would you see then when you hover). So the image shown is, by convention - out of all possible card printings - the last printed image of that card.

The edition column that you see on the right shows the same thing. That is: the last edition and rarity this card was printed in. It is not a column indicating *all* editions you have of the card or all editions possible of that card, because that would make it a possibly very very big column smile.

I see this column is causing confusion, this has been mentioned before as a problem, and we will think on how to make it clear what it signifies. Also it is possible that we will add a second Expanded view of the inventory, for the collectors, where they would see instead of 2 Sylvan Libraries, a split view, like the one that is shown in the details dialog.