Topic: Misprints and Oddities, Share and Advertise

Hello everyone,

I'm currently interested in misprints, crimps, unusual cards, and promos. If you have any of these, please contact me at bizzaretrader@yahoo.com , including pictures would be appreciated but is not necessary for primary contact. I look forward to dealing with many of you!

Last edited by ramimac2 (2012-02-16 20:08:08)

Re: Misprints and Oddities, Share and Advertise

Would you be interested in a 7th edition thorn elemental that is signed by rk post?

Hello, thank you for contacting me! Do you have a scan of the card in question?

Thank you,
-ramimac

I have an Adarkar Unicorn from Ice Age that appears to be misprinted, as well as a signed Woodripper in French. If you're interested in either, I'll scan them and let you have a look.

I'll be on the lookout for other misprints as well, as I'm currently inventorying my stuff.

Thank you, please send me a scan, I'd love to work something out, depending upon the misprint!

-ramimac

OK, here goes. Figured I'd post these here in case you aren't interested and someone else is.

On top is the Adarkar Unicorn I believe/guess/surmise is a misprint, next to a normal copy. Looks as if the blue used for the mana symbols in the rules text bled all over.

On bottom is an Ophidian signed by Jon Finkel, both for comparison to the above and because someone might be interested in it. (Relevance - http://www.wizards.com/sideboard/articl … 1\654fm15a)

Also, here is the French Woodripper signed by the artist, Alan Pollack.

If you or anyone else is interested, let me know in this forum... I think it'd be a fun thread to have running, so everyone can see the weird foul-ups and oddities floating amongst us.

Here's the goods! - http://i.imgur.com/iks2x.jpg
P.S. - The attachment option on these forums apparently sucks hmm

Yeah, this could be a cool discussion. I love interesting cards that are different than usual, be they misprints or just incredibly rare promos and such.

That blue unicorn is rather neat.

I have a Memoricide that didn't make it all the way into the booster pack before it was sealed up

http://imgur.com/hC4kw

That type of misprint is called a crimp, and while I have no interest in them, goodluck finding someone!
- ramimac

I have a silly question. I have two Copper Myrs and one is lightly but distinctively tinted brown (looks like copper tongue), while the other is normal colored (mostly silver). The entire tinted card is discolored. Is this a misprint or a discoloration from storage problems? I've only seen it on the two Copper Myrs that I have.

Not a silly question at all, however a scan is really needed to tell you!
-ramimac

Submitted a trade to CD84, waiting on a scan from hamer to make one.
-ramimac

ramimac2 wrote:

That type of misprint is called a crimp, and while I have no interest in them, goodluck finding someone!
- ramimac

Oh, so that's what a crimp is. I'd been wondering what those were.

anyone interested in a misprint Martyrdom (Alliances) (#138)? the border is skewed and there is the top of a red card on the bottom. I can post a pic if there is interest.

Teenyhuman wrote:

anyone interested in a misprint Martyrdom (Alliances) (#138)? the border is skewed and there is the top of a red card on the bottom. I can post a pic if there is interest.

Yeah, I'd like to see that.

How are such misprints usually priced? Is there a guide like normal cards, or is it more down ot what people are willing to pay for them?

http://i.imgur.com/WYG32.jpg

Iron,
While there is no definitive guide, there are standard ranges of price for certain misprints, however, in the end, it's all about who you can find that wants what you have.
-ramimac