Topic: Cards for Sale

new post

Last edited by nullkarmaexception (2013-09-11 23:47:20)

Re: Cards for Sale

There are cheaper BIN's on Ebay right now for

Ancient Tomb
Deserted Temple
Glimmervoid
High Market
Isolated Chapel
Thawing Glaciers

and I'm sure a lot more but I stopped looking after those.

This forum isn't a runaround for creating a tcgplayer or ebay store. If you want to sell your stuff here, especially janky stuff, price it competitively.

Last edited by mtgtradingthread (2013-09-11 02:17:46)

I haven't broken a rule as far as I can tell.  Sorry you don't like my prices.  I generally use them as a starting point, and go from there.

it's to high, too high!!

Last edited by morph66 (2013-09-11 17:23:18)

nullkarmaexception wrote:

I haven't broken a rule as far as I can tell.  Sorry you don't like my prices.  I generally use them as a starting point, and go from there.

That's fine, but you need to start from ebay but it now and go down from there. Stating that you are willing to negotiate helps, but starting with prices that are competitive is where you want to be.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

I just sold $30 worth of cards that was listed at $42.  I don't have the time to look at every site, then double check with my local store.  I quickly checked tcg mid then dropped a buck or two.  I have sold most of these cards before, so I was also taking that into account.  If you see something that's 5, but you think you should pay $3.50.  Just say it.  I will try to keep future pries more to all of your liking.  Maybe we should have an official cap on prices.  Since its such an issue.

Quite honestly, whatever I decide to sell my cards at is MY decision.  If you don't like that, or there are cheaper cards out there, go buy them.  I've seen tons of people try to sell on here, I have myself, and I've never seen 3 people just rail into someone when they could have just hit the back button and saved time.

I don't see the issue.

You've said you are willing to negotiate. Clearly everyone knows the approximate value of cards.

If someone wishes to make an offer, that's their right.
If you choose to accept or decline, that's yours.

Why is everyone so angry?

I would never speak to someone in person the way that some people do on these forums.

Mike_Machine wrote:

I would never speak to someone in person the way that some people do on these forums.

Amen, brother.

Quite honestly, whatever I decide to sell my cards at is MY decision.  If you don't like that, or there are cheaper cards out there, go buy them.  I've seen tons of people try to sell on here, I have myself, and I've never seen 3 people just rail into someone when they could have just hit the back button and saved time.

Amen. There are too many self-righteous pricks joining now-a-days and the mob mentality is forming. Anyone who rails on a person for selling their cards is just being a  douche. It is that person's right to sell the cards at whatever price they want. If you don't like the price make a cheaper offer or don't say anything. Or if you think that person may just not know how to price cards, be polite. Don't be that guy that goes "OMG YOU IDIOT NO ONE WILL BUY THEM AT THAT PRICE UR DUMBASS". Too many tweens and teens joining this website now. I mean shit, not too long ago someone tried to have me trade one of my four Bobs out of inventory. For some people this might not be an issue, but I put 'I don't trade from my inventory' in my threads and on my profile. Why would I break-up my playset of Bobs that I actually use in decks? Then when I told him I don't trade from inventory HE got all pissy at me.

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2013-09-11 17:31:20)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

As a newer poster to these forums i'm finding the guy's that have been here a long time are just very inconsistent in setting the vibe. On one hand someone asks me for stuff from my inventory, I ask for a couple of bucks more to satisfy my trade needs and i'm accused by a 250+ feedback guy that i'm a thief a scammer and out of my mind. Then 20 minutes later you got other regulars who are like "Let the guy overprice his stuff, he just won't sell it."

Alot of confusion is caused because you guy's seem to change your mind on what is acceptable or not. My 2 cents of course.

Last edited by morph66 (2013-09-11 17:42:38)

UnstableFlux wrote:

Amen. There are too many self-righteous pricks joining now-a-days and the mob mentality is forming. Anyone who rails on a person for selling their cards is just being a  douche. It is that person's right to sell the cards at whatever price they want. If you don't like the price make a cheaper offer or don't say anything. Or if you think that person may just not know how to price cards, be polite. Don't be that guy that goes "OMG YOU IDIOT NO ONE WILL BUY THEM AT THAT PRICE UR DUMBASS". Too many tweens and teens joining this website now. I mean shit, not too long ago someone tried to have me trade one of my four Bobs out of inventory. For some people this might not be an issue, but I put 'I don't trade from my inventory' in my threads and on my profile. Why would I break-up my playset of Bobs that I actually use in decks? Then when I told him I don't trade from inventory HE got all pissy at me.

Quoted for truth.

morph66 wrote:

As a newer poster to these forums i'm finding the guy's that have been here a long time are just very inconsistent in setting the vibe. On one hand someone asks me for stuff from my inventory, I ask for a couple of bucks more to satisfy my trade needs and i'm accused by a 250+ feedback guy that i'm a thief a scammer and out of my mind. Then 20 minutes later you got other regulars who are like "Let the guy overprice his stuff, he just won't sell it."

Alot of confusion is caused because you guy's seem to change your mind on what is acceptable or not. My 2 cents of course.

Trading out of inventory is on a person by person basis, there is no trend to set with it smile It is entirely up to each trader if they are willing to go into their inventory.

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

UnstableFlux wrote:

Trading out of inventory is on a person by person basis, there is no trend to set with it smile It is entirely up to each trader if they are willing to go into their inventory.

Agreed - I state on my profile that nothing in my inventory is off limits, but I'll likely ask for better value or at least be more picky what I'm willing to trade for.

This way I at least set the expectation and don't look like a jerk for saying I'm not willing to trade my Blacker Lotus for your Steamflogger Boss.