Topic: modern red deck wins

im looking for ways to improve this deck and make it run better for the modern format.
http://deckbox.org/sets/487002

Re: modern red deck wins

Bump

I would probably take out the Lavamancers for something like Keldon Marauders, if I were you. DRS is a strictly better Lavamancer and having both out on the field seems really bad for you.

Ok, but for the drs it has to have a certain color mana to do the same thing. It as well has to take two instant \ sorceries to do the effect. Is it still worth trading out? Like I see where keldon maurader or mogg war Marshall are good. But that I felt was more of a mid range type build.

Deathrite only requires one instant/sorcery and it doesn't have to be from your graveyard. It also shuts down GY based decks by getting rid of creatures before they can pull them back out. Also, the B/G shouldn't be an issue with you running as many fetches as you are.

Ok, so say I take the lava mancer out what do I replace with?

Yes shaman does a similar effect, it however does not shock creatures. Which I see as being an upside to keeping the lava mancer

Last edited by tav2smart4u (2013-09-27 00:30:00)

Probably either Keldon Marauders (if you want another creature) or Shard Volley (if you want more instants).

Here is an updated list. Just add four flame slash to the sideboard. It wouldn't let me add them for some reason but that's the other four cards in the sideboard.
http://deckbox.org/sets/487002

Bump

What do you think about replacing Blood Moon with Browbeat?

For some reason I don't think Blood Moon really fits.  Your deck seems to be really aggressive, except for Blood Moon.  Of course I'm not an expert player by any means, so I could be missing something.

Browbeat seems to fit nice though.  Either they take 5 which is huge, or you draw three and turn around and nuke them for five anyway.

Hmm... I do kinda like that idea. I might move bloodmoon to the side board. I like the disruption that it has.