Re: Scavenging Ooze promo code abuse (was: trade offer)

odanjames wrote:

you guys all have entirely to much time on your hands . so far i have traded no codes so u can take back the syphoning of hundreds of dollars and i have not been contacted by anyone from deck box being told i done anything wrong .

And by constantly being defensive you're telling people their assumptions are right. IMO this thread should just be locked. I'm messaging Paul now to do so.

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

beacon wrote:

if this doesn't warrant a ban then i don't know what does anymore.

yep definitely ban a guy for trying to make a few trades . thanks for the feedback though

UnstableFlux wrote:
odanjames wrote:

you guys all have entirely to much time on your hands . so far i have traded no codes so u can take back the syphoning of hundreds of dollars and i have not been contacted by anyone from deck box being told i done anything wrong .

And by constantly being defensive you're telling people their assumptions are right. IMO this thread should just be locked. I'm messaging Paul now to do so.

i agree lock this thing and move on. im being defensive because im being called a thief right to my face when im doing nothing wrong !

odanjames wrote:
beacon wrote:

yep definitely ban a guy for trying to make a few trades . thanks for the feedback though

oh boo aren't you the blameless victim here, scamming traders, stores, and Wizards?

beacon wrote:
odanjames wrote:
beacon wrote:

oh boo aren't you the blameless victim here, scamming traders, stores, and Wizards?

im not scamming traders they recieve there cards before i recieve anything ...

im not scamming stores these are free cards they make no money on and they could care less about them ....

im not scamming wizards they are giving these out for free and made this loophole possible and as someone has said in a previous post they had this problem last game ( and didnt close this loophole ) so obviously dont care either .

You're also randomly opening trade requests with people who have expressed ZERO interest in your codes. That's spam.

STOP. IT.

Last edited by El_Panda_Rojo (2013-10-03 13:26:48)

odanjames wrote:
beacon wrote:
odanjames wrote:

im not scamming stores these are free cards they make no money on and they could care less about them ....

im not scamming wizards they are giving these out for free and made this loophole possible and as someone has said in a previous post they had this problem last game ( and didnt close this loophole ) so obviously dont care either .

you are scamming traders; they don't receive 'there' cards, you're only sending out nonexistent codes to cards that are long gone.

you are scamming stores; these codes are either false or have already been redeemed, new players are getting screwed out of cards they should have received by buying a Wizards product.

you are scamming Wizards; they DON'T give these out for free, they give them to you when you BUY their product legitimately.

you done being a child about this?

Odan almost every single one of your open trades is for 4x promo oozes asking for 35-60$ worth in trade. emrakul, mistyrainforests.  You are offering people nothing for their cards other then 4 used codes you got from another user doing the exact same thing you are. By your own admission nonetheless.

every trader im talking to will be going to a store redeeming these codes getting their cards before i have them send anything to me i honestly don't care what u all think. if they get there and dont recieve there packs then they wont send me anything and case will be closed .

beacon wrote:
odanjames wrote:
beacon wrote:

they will receive their cards before i even confirm my address to them.

you are scamming traders; they don't receive 'there' cards, you're only sending out nonexistent codes to cards that are long gone.

you are scamming stores; these codes are either false or have already been redeemed, new players are getting screwed out of cards they should have received by buying a Wizards product.

you are scamming Wizards; they DON'T give these out for free, they give them to you when you BUY their product legitimately.

you done being a child about this?

odanjames wrote:

every trader im talking to will be going to a store redeeming these codes getting their cards before i have them send anything to me i honestly don't care what u all think. if they get there and dont recieve there packs then they wont send me anything and case will be closed .

Exactly, you are trading nothing. You are getting cards for nothing here. You are using by your own admission a scam. Surely you gotta see what's going on here? This is called fraud dude. You got everyone telling you it's not right and you shouldn't do it, yet you keep explaining your position and repeat offending.

It's still a scam james, that's what you aren't understanding here.

odanjames wrote:

OK, then boy have I got a deal for you! Just hear me out...

You trade me your 4 Voice of Resurgence and, in return, I'll give you a code to be used at a time machine that will be invented in 2037, that you can use to go back in time to buy a Mox Ruby for $15! I mean, I'm practically giving it away... in the past. Do we have a deal?

outofstep wrote:
odanjames wrote:

You trade me your 4 Voice of Resurgence and, in return, I'll give you a code to be used at a time machine that will be invented in 2037, that you can use to go back in time to buy a Mox Ruby for $15! I mean, I'm practically giving it away... in the past. Do we have a deal?

Although your attempt at humor is cute, it's nothing close to accurate. It's more like...

"This is such an awesome trade, think of it this way. All you have to do is go rob your LGS. Just walk in and take $60 from them. If you do, just send me two Stormbreath Dragons! If you don't, you don't have to send me anything!"

With all due respect, the work involved in trying to find a store that still carries any of these promo Oozes isnt really worth the time and effort. Even if someone does agree to do some sort of deal, whats stopping them from just using the codes getting the cards and then telling you they didnt work? Now your out. Im just looking at the situation objectivily. If I were you I would just cash in the codes yourself, actually have the cards in the hand to trade, then go looking for offers. It really just complicates things to have the other person do the work that they might not be able to get anything out of anyway.

I think this topic has reached the end of the line guys.

jagerads wrote:
outofstep wrote:
odanjames wrote:

Although your attempt at humor is cute, it's nothing close to accurate. It's more like...

"This is such an awesome trade, think of it this way. All you have to do is go rob your LGS. Just walk in and take $60 from them. If you do, just send me two Stormbreath Dragons! If you don't, you don't have to send me anything!"

LMAO FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY SIDE ! although when you "rob" them they don't care

odanjames wrote:
jagerads wrote:
outofstep wrote:

LMAO FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS MY SIDE ! although when you "rob" them they don't care

Exactly. Why would someone care if you robbed them? Lol it's so silly that the people on this forum would be against robbery! What a bunch of prunes! When has robbing someone ever ended up making them mad?

neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral

Last edited by morph66 (2013-10-03 14:40:21)

odanjames wrote:

i got my 4 packs and learned they can be redeemed multiple times cause the stores just throw them out . yes a bit elicit but you will receive 4 oozes just call around find a place that has for android packs still and there ya go i am not attempting to rip off any person on this site even though its a bit of a scam against wizards but it dont harm the stores either so no hate mail please

i will even give you the code first after you have packs in hand you send me some cards

Wait, so you already redeemed the codes, but you're reselling the codes?

Why is this guy not banned yet?  This is theft.

Last edited by dennyroxsox (2013-10-03 14:45:19)

jagerads wrote:
odanjames wrote:
jagerads wrote:

Exactly. Why would someone care if you robbed them? Lol it's so silly that the people on this forum would be against robbery! What a bunch of prunes! When has robbing someone ever ended up making them mad?

i'm not robbing the person on here getting the code, they're  robbing a store just to clarify. and i have been completely honest with everyone i have offered these too ... not to mention the store as i said dont care about these packs or these codes

I'm closing this thread to help prevent any further conflict.

I've already sent Sebi an email regarding this so please do not clog up his inbox any further with this issue. Please check back here for his reply.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

odanjames, please cancel all your open trades involving those duplicated codes. If you traded them already to someone, please send their cards back or you will be marked a scammer.

I will be contacting the trade partners of cowabunga2. If the codes are duplicated, he will be banned for lying to us and marked a scammer if he does not return the cards to all people that received duplicated codes.

In response to these complications, we will not allow trading of codes anymore on deckbox. Thank you for understanding.

sebi wrote:

odanjames, please cancel all your open trades involving those duplicated codes. If you traded them already to someone, please send their cards back or you will be marked a scammer.

I will be contacting the trade partners of cowabunga2. If the codes are duplicated, he will be banned for lying to us and marked a scammer if he does not return the cards to all people that received duplicated codes.

In response to these complications, we will not allow trading of codes anymore on deckbox. Thank you for understanding.

Thanks!

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

sebi wrote:

i have not traded any away . as for the cards i owe too cowabunga2 for codes should i be sending him them cards for them codes . and all my trades with these are canceled .

odanjames wrote:
sebi wrote:

i have not traded any away . as for the cards i owe too cowabunga2 for codes should i be sending him them cards for them codes . and all my trades with these are canceled .

Well you are lucky in a way you only managed to scam  http://deckbox.org/trades/125558?s=41280 before this got put to an end. So consider yourself lucky. The damage combunga2 has done is huge, it's going to take awhile for the admins to clean up this mess. Plus the fact that the people you guy's did business with might be doing it aswell...

I would probably consider apologizing to the community in this thread for blatantly disregarding the fact what you were doing was a scam when everyone was telling you it was. That's just me though. My opinion is that you knew what you were doing was bad yet didn't feel any remorse for doing it because everyone got their cards. You are a dangerous trader and i'm actually quite shocked you're both allowed to continue trading. Not my call though, so we have to respect the sites decision.

I'm done here. Thanks to the admins for a swift course of actions and feel for them having to clean up all these transactions. I hope I helped by bringing this to their attention.