Topic: Incorrect price on cards

For example Ogre Arsonist shows up as $.35 on my list, when the average is a lot higher.

Re: Incorrect price on cards

When will Dark Ascension prices post to deckbox?

Bumping this up. Why aren't these visible yet?

I believe the process of importing the prices to Deckbox.org is a manual one for.  They usually have everything in place within two weeks of launch which is still a handful of days away.  Patience is a virtue wink

Just curious as to why the prices for Dark Ascension haven't been added yet ?

The prices come from an aggregate and a Mysql db call for the card name, why would that require anything be done manually? Maybe you guys need some help.

rabidmonkeys wrote:

The prices come from an aggregate and a Mysql db call for the card name, why would that require anything be done manually? Maybe you guys need some help.

That's correct but I believe, based on previous posts and announcements, that this information is still gathered through a manual process.  Not manually as in hand-keyed but manual as in a human being has to set up and start the function that imports the data from TCG Player.  I believe this choice was made to increase the overall speed of this website and the trade-off for this efficiency gain is a lag time between set launch and card/price data display.

On the topic of needing help; if you have code you've written that fully automates the price import process I am sure the site owners would be at least mildly curious.  I can't speak for them but everybody likes free code if it's well written and modular.  Feel free to post it here or find a way to send it to them if you don't want to make it public.

Looks like the prices are online. Cheers mystery deckbox admin !

Hey guys, thank you for reporting this, and for your patience.  I have merged the various threads that were discussing this into one.

Tawnos is right, we did have a process which required some manual imput for new editions (not actually inputing prices, but trading some xml files with our price provider). This has for a couple of months been improved, and now it is an automated process.

We did however have some glitches with it, a couple of small problems made it that updating prices for Dark Ascension and also other MtG cards that had prices < 1$ was not working.

These are corrected now, everything should be fine. For future edition imports prices should come up the day or max next day after the prerelease.

Last edited by sebi (2012-02-09 08:54:47)

Oh awesome, I didn't realize the process had been automated already.  That is welcome news and I will try to commit that to memory.  Thanks for clearing things up Sebi!