Topic: Buying Mapped magic booster boxes

I am the head of a magic club at my college and most of our members love to draft but most do not have the money to draft as often as we would like. We would love to just do some fun drafts but they are usually to expensive. I am buy any standard packs from mapped boxes. Message me if you have any for sale and we can talk about price and payment.

Re: Buying Mapped magic booster boxes

I would really reconsider this, mapping packs is pretty frowned upon, borderline illegal, and while there are still junk packs that people like to get rid of, most of these people try to get full price for them, since thats pretty much the reason for mapping the box.

What I would suggest is putting together a 360 pauper cube, which sleeves, box, and cards, can all be done for under 100 bucks and will keep you guys going for as long as you want.

I went and grabbed the most popular list off MTGS and deckboxed, then TCG playered it and I got this:

http://i.imgur.com/qB5zo8W.png

for this list

http://deckbox.org/sets/513649

cards (62) + ~500 sleeves (25) + 30 of each basic lands (5) + 100 card box (2) + shipping (10)

skittensro wrote:

What I would suggest is putting together a 360 pauper cube, which sleeves, box, and cards, can all be done for under 100 bucks and will keep you guys going for as long as you want.

I'd like to second this suggestion. Cubing is some of the most fun I've ever had playing magic, and as skittensro said it's not terribly expensive. Pauper (just commons) and Peasant (commons + uncommons) cubes aren't too hard to put together, and you have the freedom to build one with whatever restrictions or archetypes you choose. I've seen cube lists that have a tribal focus, cubes that allow drafting of a particular set or block, as well as cubes filled with nothing but "unplayable" cards.

I invested maybe a hundred bucks into the first iteration of my own cube, and probably around another 50 or so since then, but that's a very long-term number. I built the cube over the span of about 4 or 5 months, and while it's still evolving, it is absolutely 100% playable in its current form.

Cube is supreme overlord. Trust in Cube.

Rather than buying a mapped box, consider buying a 'repacked' box.  This way people still have cards they can take home or add to their collection.  I've seen these on e-bay, a store opens a bunch of packs pulls cards they need, and then sells the rest of the box at about half the price.   You won't have any bombs in the box, but for playing limited it could work. 

This is the type of thing I'm talking about.  I've never bought one, but it seems like the most honest way to do something like this.  Also might be good for iron man MTG.

A store local to me also does junk repacks where they draft from junk rares and cards that no one wants to buy as singles.  They are setup similar to packs.  Everyone gets a mystery pack of junk cards and drafts from that.  They charge $7 and call it 'cheapo drafts'.  From their website "Re-Constructed booster packs from a huge range of sets means you never know what you'll get. A very casual draft for super cheap! If you've never seen the cards, they're new to you!"

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-10-24 19:17:43)