Topic: Terrific Site; migrating from EssentialMagic; FEATURE request:

Specifically I use your site for MtG, the interface is great. Thank you for the valuable effort you've put into the site.

Requests/Suggestions:

1. Xantid Swarm doesn't import correctly, fyi. I found a couple other cards that won't import correctly also; can't recall them ATM. Will add to my post when I do...
2. Value of Collection, a must add!
3. Ability to increase quantity of all checked cards
4. Helping to utilize #3 more efficiently, can we add the ability under Card Actions to Add to Inventory instead of only Add to Deck?
5. I looked this up on the Forum, but is there a way to create an entire 15 card sideboard all at once, using the copy/paste method as opposed to one at a time?
6. Deck export function (.txt or .dec)
7. Any way we improve Deck IMPORT function also? So we can Browse and search for a .txt or .dec file on our hard drive to upload in one fell swoop?
8. Again, I searched for this answer but was unable to find it: Can we re-order/sort/filter our decks at all? Can we add the ability to do so via Type and Color(s)?
9. The ability to both see and "flag" each card set owned of a particular card is a bit clunky. One easy solution that would yield massive efficiency would be to auto-load each card's available card set icon next to the name in the normal view along with the ability to increase Qty. of each with a single click or typed numeral.
10. Under card Detailed information can we default the Edition, Condition, and Language so that we only would need to edit it in some cases, not all?
11.  I assume the average tcg price is based on the default Edition, because when I go into Details and select Beta, for example, on my Wrath of God, it doesn't change the value. Any way we can read specific set values?
12. Last but not least, I've noticed that it is much easier for me to go to Add Deck, and copy/paste my individual deck lists rather than paste into Inventory and then find and "add to deck" one card line item/page at a time. But when you add cards directly to a new deck, there is not a simple way to ALSO add them to your Inventory. You have to go line by line manually adding any new quantities to the Inventory column. Fleshing out a simple way to "add deck list" to Inventory would be most helpful.

I have a massive collection and have been shopping for a new storage and mgmt. system for a while. I like this site the best and would be willing to help pay for some of these improvements. Tell me what we can do to move this forward!!

-J

Last edited by jfadeX (2012-02-24 12:37:45)

Re: Terrific Site; migrating from EssentialMagic; FEATURE request:

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We will think about some of your suggestions. Importing improvements are definitely something we want to do in the near future, as are edition specific card values.

Some of your other ones are also already implemented:
  - value of collection View menu -> Show Value
  - all your sets are exportable to csv, and to txt via View - Export and View - Print
  - you can sort any set or deck by clicking on the column headers
  - for various technical and practical reasons it is hard to automatically assign editions to new cards. But if you add them one by one with the Advanced input dialog (the rainbow icon on the left of the Add Card input) then they will be assigned default values.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by number 9.

I realize, after re-reading my post that I wasn't terribly clear on a few of the points. Here you go:

sebi wrote:

- all your sets are exportable to csv, and to txt via View - Export and View - Print

I meant can we create the function of exporting our decklists? Either en masse or one by one. Then we could utilize the exported .dec or .txt file to import into Apprentice or MtgO or even just to keep a hard copy on our PC. I see that we can do this with our Inventory (even filtered) but not by deck.

sebi wrote:

- you can sort any set or deck by clicking on the column headers

Oops, I meant can you add the function to sort our list of actual decks, not the cards within a given decklist. i.e., If I add 90 decks, I would like the ability to sort or filter my decks from the profile page. Adding tags/sub-names for Type of deck and Colors would further help us view all Green / Red decks that qualify for Legacy (as an example)

sebi wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by number 9.

jfadex wrote:

9. The ability to both see and "flag" each card set owned of a particular card is a bit clunky. One easy solution that would yield massive efficiency would be to auto-load each card's available card set icon next to the name in the normal view along with the ability to increase Qty. of each with a single click or typed numeral.

I've attached a screenshot with my effort at visually depicting what I meant with #9, albeit not a very sophisticated one. For each card in our Inventory/Decklist we should automatically list all the set icons to the right of the card name (since there is plenty of room). We should then include a small Quantity box (similar to what you currently have for Inventory, Wishlist, etc.) underneath or beside each icon. Add ability to inline type a numeric quantity when you click on the Quantity box ("4" for example) and/or make the actual Icon clickable to increase set specific Qty by one at a time. This would add a phenomenal visual benefit to quickly browse inventory to see how many of each card we own from which set.

Thank you for your response, I am looking forward to hearing more.

Last edited by jfadeX (2012-02-24 23:50:19)

Post's attachments

scrshot.png
scrshot.png 38.22 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you for the clarifications. I see now I've read a couple of them wrong smile

jfadeX wrote:

Oops, I meant can you add the function to sort our list of actual decks, not the cards within a given decklist. i.e., If I add 90 decks, I would like the ability to sort or filter my decks from the profile page. Adding tags/sub-names for Type of deck and Colors would further help us view all Green / Red decks that qualify for Legacy (as an example)

This I'm afraid becomes the responsibility of each user to organize into folders smile.

jfadex wrote:

I've attached a screenshot with my effort at visually depicting what I meant with #9, albeit not a very sophisticated one.

This sort of blends in with the prices / edition feature. We'll try to work it in in one way or another. That feature is already in the works, a first version should be available early next week. wink

jfadeX wrote:

11.  I assume the average tcg price is based on the default Edition, because when I go into Details and select Beta, for example, on my Wrath of God, it doesn't change the value. Any way we can read specific set values?

I would find this to be very helpful as well smile