Topic: Sebi - White bordered sets

Sebi,

I know web design can be a pain, so rather than complain, I fixed Chronicles for you.  These are your images, but now edited to have white borders.  Optimized for the web, JPEG Quality 60.  You should be able to simply overwrite your existing Chronicles images. 

Thanks for running a super awesome site!  smile

edit: I can also do the same thing with P3K images and starter if you'll actually use them.  smile

Update: Chronicles links removed since I took these off my dropbox, but let me know if you need another copy.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-20 15:05:09)

Re: Sebi - White bordered sets

Hey, awesome job, thanks!

I've uploaded the replacement images, things should have a white border now. (Like the tooltip here: http://deckbox.org/sets/285684?f=17YXJlbmEgb2Y*)

(If you don't see them as white bordered for chronicles, you might need to Shift-refresh or clear the cache, we let Chrome aggressively cache these).

Awesome, I use the visual spoiler view a lot, and that was just one of those things that bugged me.  I mean you could obviously tell by the copyright line, but Chronicles should look like Chronicles. 

I'll try to do P3K next when I have some free time.  Chronicles was super easy, the images were sequentially numbered, I just did curl requests from terminal to grab them and it took about an hour to replace borders on the whole set (including downloading).  P3K doesn't appear to be quite as organized, and some of those images are a bit of a mess.  Some are white bordered already (all of the ones that have had re-prints, including basics are correct), some have gaps between the bottom of the card and the border (like Shu Cavalry), and some of them will have to be downloaded by hand due to the numbering being less organized.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-11-18 13:58:11)

So P3K is done.  I only modified the ones that did not already have a white border.  There were eight white cards that had to be rescaled.  I chose to do these two different ways.  The first time I went back to a high quality scan and re-scaled them from that, however I noticed that these were all slightly darker than the images you had, so I went back to the originals and rescaled the version you have.  I'm including both, and you can use the ones you prefer.  One set has a better resolution, but some cards stand out, the other set the cards match in color but may be a little more compressed. 

I'll try to work on Starter on my lunch break tomorrow.

edit: I'm moving Chronicles off my Dropbox, but let me know if you need another copy.

edit 2: I've started downloading Starter images in my free time, and I'm finding some Starter 2000 cards don't have images at all (at least 24 cards), and most of them are just copies of the Starter 1999 versions, which isn't exactly accurate.  I also realized that Battle Royale should be white bordered also.  Starter will likely  take some time to do. 

To give you a little background on me, I actually tried to build my own trading site at one point in time, but stopped around RTR and honestly deckbox is nearly the exact vision I had in my head, so I'm pretty happy that it exists.  I probably would not have done any of the work I did had I known about it earlier.  Anyway I happen to have images for most sets and good scripting skills.  I could rescale what I have for starter 2000, but matching the names of your existing files (numbering) would be the part that would slow me down, also many cards from Starter 2000 are identical to 6th edition, so only part of the set even adds anything to the site, so this is probably pretty low on the priority list.  Also unlike Chronicles, the black border in the spoiler view isn't as big of a deal, since the star icon is unique to Starter 1999.

edit 3 (12/2/13): P3K links removed.  PM or e-mail if you need them again.  I did not work on any of these over the break, but I like helping out, so I'll try to work on some images this week.

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-12-02 14:55:30)

Very cool! I've uploaded the P3K images, all looks good.

Woot! Thanks gumgodMTG! That Chronicles thing was bugging me too!  :0)

Starter 99 folder of images

Starter 99 Zip of that folder

I think I got all of the cards, but kind of rushed at the end of lunch, so didn't do a count to verify. 

(I have 172 images, didn't verify that number is right though)

Last edited by gumgodMTG (2013-12-03 18:02:45)

Very cool!

Uploaded the Starter 1999 images now.