Topic: Trade advice

Hi all,

I just received a trade where the other user sent first. The cards arrived in a normal envelope, in a penny sleeves, taped to a small piece of cardboard (all 3 cards were taped next to each other so they didn't even have the protection from the thickness of the other cards). The cards are all bent and one is creased. The creased card is a quite expensive card that I would imagine looses quite a bit of value if bent.  Has anyone had a situation where the cards arrived damaged because of poor packaging? Any advice on what options I have? I haven't sent my cards out yet, and I am wondering what options I have to be fair....

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Trade advice

It's the sender's responsibility to make sure the cards are well-protected and things like that do not happen. You're in no way obligated to send your cards, but I would contact the other person and let them know what happened. Ask them if they want their cards back, would be willing to compensate you if you send your cards anyway, whatever suits you best. But you aren't at fault for the card damage.

Selling anything and everything on any of my lists

Going to agree with the above post. Communication is your friend. Just show the other trader pics and explain what happened. I'm sure they will be willing to negotiate with you!

I would return the cards (with tracking) and keep your cards. Shipping cards safely isn't that difficult or expensive, and not doing so is the fault of the sender. I once received a mangled package from the usps with a note from them that basically said "whoops, our bad." Luckily the sender had packed the cards properly between toploaders and nothing was damaged.

I would also let the original sender know that they can buy toploaders from Walmart very cheaply for safer shipping, since I wouldn't be surprised if they were unaware.

I collect funny, epic, or unique flavor texts (foil if applicable)
Looking to purchase one player rewards and one judge foil Wasteland.
Tradelist | Wishist

I had a volcanic island come to me in a bubble mailer and a penny sleeve, as you can probably guess a corner was slightly bent but no permanent damage, i immediately contacted the seller and went through the whole "hey, for future reference, PLEASE USE A TOP LOADER etc etc" bit

Heres what you do:

1) TAKE PICTURES

2) contact the seller

3) try to work with the seller, if you want to keep the banged up cards, try and see if you guys can work something out where he can send whatever to make up the lost value

4) if you dont want to keep the cards, get a bubbler with tracking, put the cards into a toploader and send em back

5) cancel the trade, start a new trade if you really want to

6) inform the seller that top loaders are cheap and the preferred way to keep cards safe in transit

The best part about top loaders: you can reuse them! i have a bunch of the little buggers just sitting around from purchases/trades, easy to accumulate but hard as hell to get rid of

And if you REALLY want to make sure your cards get there straight, you can get one of those hard plastic cases, its more expensive but when youre sending out a large value of cardboard its worth it.