Topic: I have to say this, i hate deckbox! :)

Once I dug my cards out of the closet and got fascinated by them again I started entering them in the inventory. (Probably about 1/2 done at this point).

I'm hooked again. Over the past couple of months I must have bought 30 packs of random sets. sigh.

My girlfriend has never seen the game so Im going to try and teach her how to play today.

stupid magic cards, stupid deckbox...  smile

I'm 33 and feel like I'm 12 again. hahhah I know I cant be the only one!

Re: I have to say this, i hate deckbox! :)

I just turned 33 this year and I picked the game back up around the time RTR came out.  i'm playing and having fun, but I'm also taking the game more seriously than I did before. I plan to enter as many local events as possible and I'm trying to be the best magic player i can be.

To me it's not weird and it's not childish, the game is complex and requires a lot of higher level thinking.

I'm 36, and got back into the game a little after M12 release.  I'm way more serious and competitive about it now compared to when I was 22 and pretty much stopped all together after I went into the Marine Corps.  I play almost every Friday night with my buddy, testing Standard decks before a regular local event I play at on Saturdays. 

It would be nice to get good enough to win more often to have the hobby help pay for itself more, I'd also like to raise my awareness and predictive capacity surrounding the meta-game to better speculate on future card values.  It would be awesome to be able to make a living playing and trading with magic cards. 

I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon smile

Now I feel like a young buck all over again at a tender young age of 28.

Im glad I'm not the only one!

and drock, 90% of the time when you pick up a card and go "oh cool" and its 3 mana or under, its valuable hahaha.

Ha ha!  I'm a 47 year old mom of a 10 year old.  I started playing magic on long camping trips to keep the boy entertained, and now I think I like it more than he does!  (Plus I am a gadget geek, so I'm the one figuring out all the electronic gadgets to keep us organized!  ;-)

gomommago wrote:

Ha ha!  I'm a 47 year old mom of a 10 year old.  I started playing magic on long camping trips to keep the boy entertained, and now I think I like it more than he does!  (Plus I am a gadget geek, so I'm the one figuring out all the electronic gadgets to keep us organized!  ;-)

winning smile

It is either collect or drink

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101681338/Scorecards/Landscape.png

unclemantis wrote:

It is either collect or drink

If I thought of the cards that were stolen from me over the years, and the money and time I've spent playing this game (as a kid it was never a collection, it was more cards to play with) It'd probably drive me TO drinking.

You're all describing me.  My wife thinks I'm crazy, but it's a ton of fun and super challenging.

This site is great because I can trade for, rather than ebay, cards I want.