Topic: [EDH] Ruric Thar, looking for advice

http://deckbox.org/sets/570280

This is my Ruric Thar build.  For a deck with so many big creatures, it's very controlling.  It has a combo finish with Primal Surge being the only non-permanent card.  It plays Magus of the Moon, and I'm thinking about throwing Blood Moon in there.  There's a lot of strong interaction with Seedborn Muse.  My recently-traded-for Imperial Recruiter is an MVP.  I'm still trading for a few more fetchlands to round out the mana base, and I'm considering putting a Crucible of Worlds in there, but I'll need a second one as mine is in my Esper control deck.  The deck needs a Strip Mine, and one is on the way.  I've worked hard to keep the curve low (relatively that is) and the mana & acceleration high.  The deck can do pretty well on just 6 mana, which it often has by turn 4 or 5.  The combo takes 10 mana, and in testing I'm usually there by turn 7 or 8.

The basic game plan is to kill anyone playing blue while waiting to draw into the combo.  But even without Primal Surge, the deck can build up an imposing offense very quickly.  Ruric is good for making opponents think twice about their spells, he blocks fliers, and does a respectable amount of damage.  Every once in a while his downside forces him to attack into a deathtouch blocker or what have you, but all in all the requirement to attack every turn hasn't been that big of a disadvantage.  The real downside to Ruric's ability is that it draws attention and brings some hate and causes opponents to hold onto their counterspells.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone else build Ruric around a Primal Surge win, I'm wide open to suggestions.

Looking to trade fetchlands and Revised duals for older EDH power cards.