Topic: [Standard]RDW

So I am looking for some opinions on this RDW build http://deckbox.org/sets/575553

I'm not really sure about firefist striker and hammer of purphoros , also is 3 Mutavault overkill? should I just run 2 ?

Thanks

Re: [Standard]RDW

i think the deck should either focus on speed and interactions with Chandra's Phoenix, or devotion and Fanatic of Mogis, but u should test it ..

why not run 4 mutavaults?  they're great in the deck.

I agree with monster.  I think you need to restructure your build to either take more advantage of the devotion mechanic (IE: reckoner, frostburn weird, burning tree and the synergies that can exist there) or go really low and fast with akroan crusader and something like madcap skills.

elpablo wrote:

yup, running 4 is definetly ok. only problem here is casting reckoner on turn 3 if you have two mountains and a vault.

the deck was a close choice for a ptq last month since it has nice sideboard options, but the builds had rather a schizophrenic character/game-plan since you had to decide each time what route to go for the win..

m0nstersnatch wrote:
elpablo wrote:

yup, running 4 is definetly ok. only problem here is casting reckoner on turn 3 if you have two mountains and a vault.

Small problem with the value you can extract from them wink

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the red "devotion" decks are on the splash for white/green for some scry lands and access to things like domri/boros charm.  Both can provide excellent advantages depending on your meta.

Last edited by elpablo (2014-01-10 14:14:11)

did some testing yesterday and on a number of occasions could not cast Boros reckoner on the 3rd turn because I had 2 mountains and a mutavault , which lead to loss of tempo  .

I will try using only 2 in the deck see how that works .

updated the deck , http://deckbox.org/sets/575553

what's your opinion on searing blood ? better or worse than magma jet in this build ?

thanks