Topic: New Feature Id love to see and even be willing to pay for.

I would like to see this added for when I buy large bundles of cards, Like 2 days ago I bought almost 6,000 cards for just 50 bucks. Now I have to enter them in the inventory..

So this is where this idea comes into play. Id like to see a camera app added to deckbox that can scan the card image and find it and enter it. So I dont have to type 6k in card in.. make the process much easier. As I plan on making lots of buys like this..

what do you guys think. Id even be happy to pay a few bucks for access to this feature..

Re: New Feature Id love to see and even be willing to pay for.

This would be indeed a very cool feature. We actually know some people (you know who you are tongue) who wanted to try to implement something like this for Android phones. We'll poke them some more big_smile

(Also, if anyone else on the forum has successfully tried something similar (image recognition of mtg cards), definitely we would like to hear from you by email.)

yea I found someone on youtube who seems to be trying to do this as well

http://www.youtube.com/user/YenTheFirst

not sure if anyone knows him or what have you.. there is a two videos up of him trying this.. intresting stuff...

Like I said Id be willing to pay for this feature.. adding thousands of cards sucks...I only have like 7,000 more to enter lol.. and of course I want to buy more but I still have all these to enter as well..

Opencv is something I was looking at, and can be built for android I believe.

Along the lines with what he is doing, one would just need to build something to recognize the card text / set icon and with some sort of API from Sebi, communicate with Deckbox (or hack something in).

But in order to be really viable, it should be able to process 4-9 cards at a time in a single snapshot, rather than one at a time.

shoot i wouldn't mind if it was one card at a time still would save alot of hassle as long as it worked like a bar code scanner and  not like just taking pictures. if u get what i mean.