Topic: Ridiculous Deck (Standard)

So I built this because I liked the idea of putting cards into play with out casting them.  Plus I really wanted to do the Dismiss into Dream and Zephyr Charge combo.  I played it for the first time last night in a casual setting and it performed surprisingly well.  It would be improved by some Sylvan Caryatid to mana accelerate and hold off faster decks. 

I wanted to share a fun deck and hear some thoughts on it.

http://deckbox.org/sets/596519

Re: Ridiculous Deck (Standard)

It feels like you're trying to do too many things, even though the deck is supposed to be ridiculous.  I think Inspired requires too many cards to abuse it.  How did it go when you played it?

What if you removed the Inspired part and replaced it with more fatties to get for free with Unexpected Results and mana dorks so you can cast Results on turn 3?

-4 Arbiter of the Ideal
-2 Witch's Eye

+2 Giant Adephage, Worldspire Wurm or Tromokratis.
+4 Sylvan Caryatid (Manaweft Slivers aren't as good, but a much cheaper alternative)

Do you really need the Archetype of Endurance?  It seems meh and is so expensive.  What about something that doesn't require Unexpected Results to be good and puts pressure on your opponent?  Something like Polukranos or Aetherling or Arbor Colossus.

Curse of the Swine also seems like it wants to be in here.  It can get rid of Gods, Blood Baron, Desecration Demon and also targets for Dismiss into Dream.  That way you're not all-in on Zephyr Charge.

You maybe right about the inspired.  I never got it to go off when playing it, but the person I was playing always removed the inspired  creatures before they could trigger, so I'm not sure how it would work. 

The Archetype of Endurance was to get rid of hexproof from my opponent, since it foils the Dismiss into Dream removal.  But I see what your saying. 

I love the Curse of the Swine idea.  I'm going to have to track some of those down.

A lot of good suggestions there.  Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Talus21 (2014-03-19 16:37:11)

You know what I think this really needs?  A playset of Hidden Strings.  Also going to second Timber's call for a one-off of Aethering if you really want to make your opponents spit. 

This deck looks like sooooooo much fun.

Profile     Tradelist     Wishes

dajaymann wrote:

You know what I think this really needs?  A playset of Hidden Strings.  Also going to second Timber's call for a one-off of Aethering if you really want to make your opponents spit. 

This deck looks like sooooooo much fun.

Oooh...I was using them in another deck, but this could be great.